Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: [WIP] Farming Industries
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:56 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I made some new industries and some new cargo for locomotion to expand on some of the existing farms in the game.
New industries:

Pig Farm
Orange Plantation
Slaughterhouse
Food processing plant+ (Does not replace the original)

New cargo:

Oranges
Pigs
(Sheep)

The new food processing plant now takes plant based foods; Grain, Grapes and Oranges. The slaughterhouse takes livestock, pigs, and sheep. (I created the sheep cargo and used it on a modified sheep farm by Br2181576 off wisim-welt.de) The slaugtherhouse is a modified paper mill with the green roof replaced with red for easy identification.
All new cargo works with vanilla vehicles and wagons because they share the same cargo ID's.
These are still WIP.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:21 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

It looks great, I hope that some day we had a Free alternative to locomotion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:10 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Reminds me a lot of my food mod wich can be found in my signature. Maybe we can release these mods together as one ? I don't do a lot these days with Locomotion, but this looks a nice add on for the food-mod...

:: Emperor' Screenshots :: Problem with Bridges :: The Long Station Patch :: Help with Opie's Dutch Stations :: The Serpent "Mod-Free" :: The Empty Region :: The City Oilwell :: The City Flourmill :: The Food-Mod :: The Valuables-Mod V4.0 :: A "One-Sided Station" :: Standard vehicles for Plastikman's Automod :: Maximum production from industries :: Tutorial to change tracks for trams and trains :: My own vehicle creation thread ::

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:46 am 
Director
Director

_CHILI_ wrote:
I made some new industries and some new cargo for locomotion to expand on some of the existing farms in the game.
New industries:

Pig Farm
Orange Plantation
Slaughterhouse
Food processing plant+ (Does not replace the original)

New cargo:

Oranges
Pigs
(Sheep)

The new food processing plant now takes plant based foods; Grain, Grapes and Oranges. The slaughterhouse takes livestock, pigs, and sheep. (I created the sheep cargo and used it on a modified sheep farm by Br2181576 off wisim-welt.de) The slaugtherhouse is a modified paper mill with the green roof replaced with red for easy identification.
All new cargo works with vanilla vehicles and wagons because they share the same cargo ID's.
These are still WIP.

Looks good, my concern is that you are re using cargo id's, that way the system is going to show id's for cattle, grain etc and not for oranges, pigs or sheep? Does it show them like it as the new cargo's or would it be preferable to use fresh id numbers so it can identify the cargo rather than a generic id?

The pig one looks very good and since cattle by rail irl fades out by the mid 1970's pigs might be a better replacement.

Scenario's Done are

Broken Hills at the Rivers Mouth viewtopic.php?f=39&t=49627, Sinn River viewtopic.php?f=39&t=49626, Flat Lands viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37704, Mountain High River Deep viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37412, River Valley and Rock viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37135, First Attempt viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34097 Cwm Valley viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34049&hilit=cwm+valley