[WIP] My own vehicle creation thread.

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] My own vehicle creation thread.

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

At last the time came to create EMU 4 vehicles...My first few attempts where a total disaster with lots of Locomotion crashes, but after a few tries I finally did it. The first vehicles where just for trying and I made the Sprinter EMU 4. This one never drove in the real world, but as an experiment they worked pretty nice...

So here are the SGM, the Citypendel and the SGMm in EMU 4 version:

After that I decided to start on the Mat'54 as a complete edition. All the liveries that I could find where made for Locomotion, and that was a lot of work. I also noticed that the Mat'54 drove around with a Pec mail carriage, so I made that one as well:

I also found out that there was a Mat'40 or the DE5. But there was a problem since these trains are made out of five units. I can only make 4 unit vehicles with the Vehicle Creator, so I had to improvise a little by creating a 3 part and a 2 part train and piece them together in the game...

Here are the three versions complete for the Mat'40...after these I'm going to build the Plan T, U and V:

Til next time (who am I talking to, since I don't get any response...Locomotion must be dead) :wink:
djhieronymus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by djhieronymus »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:At last the time came to create EMU 4 vehicles...My first few attempts where a total disaster with lots of Locomotion crashes, but after a few tries I finally did it. The first vehicles where just for trying and I made the Sprinter EMU 4. This one never drove in the real world, but as an experiment they worked pretty nice...

So here are the SGM, the Citypendel and the SGMm in EMU 4 version:

After that I decided to start on the Mat'54 as a complete edition. All the liveries that I could find where made for Locomotion, and that was a lot of work. I also noticed that the Mat'54 drove around with a Pec mail carriage, so I made that one as well:

I also found out that there was a Mat'40 or the DE5. But there was a problem since these trains are made out of five units. I can only make 4 unit vehicles with the Vehicle Creator, so I had to improvise a little by creating a 3 part and a 2 part train and piece them together in the game...

Here are the three versions complete for the Mat'40...after these I'm going to build the Plan T, U and V:

Til next time (who am I talking to, since I don't get any response...Locomotion must be dead) :wink:

Well was only ready it :)
Nice work ;)
Got some where the new sprinters
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks for the compliment :lol:

I guess you mean with "Got some where the new sprinters", where I found those new EMU 4 Sprinters ? I made them from the EMU 3 version...The middle-coach in the EMU 3 version is 'reversed' and used as a new coach in the EMU 4 version. So there isn't anything new in here :roll: All the models are created out of MSTS-models from other artists, therefore I can't release my work without the proper permission from the original artists... :(
SamWiseArcher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SamWiseArcher »

Hi, Is there any possibility I can download the DDZ and DD-AR trains? I would really like to have those trains.

Thank You,
Sam
Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Goodmorning,

Here's some new stuff, I'm making progress:

Two pair of coaches with both a ICR Bs vehicvle at the end. The 1600 with ICR-coaches and the HLE 1187 Beneluxtrain with ICR-coaches in the Benelux-livery. ICR a, ICR B, ICR Bv

All of the coaches that I made in the past few days with more to come.

Finally the DD-AR, NID and the fictional new Sprinter Livery DD-AR...I know there should be at least 4-part trains, but I ran out of money to borrow to make a testrun with them :lol:

I think everything is going well :lol: :wink:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

SamWiseArcher wrote:Hi, Is there any possibility I can download the DDZ and DD-AR trains? I would really like to have those trains.

Thank You,
Sam
Like I said in my previous post, I will not release them due to permission from the original creator. If you want them you should make them yourself...

So I can't share my work, I can however point you in the right direction to make them or you should download some versions from Christrains or the pack from Illegal Alien found here:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=23965

If you want to create the vehicles yourself this is what you should do:

1. First download the models that you want from this (Dutch) page: http://forum.treinpunt.nl/index.php?act ... ist;id=478 (Register first)

2. Then go to Walter his webpage to see how it's done, you can find all the programs that you need and this tutorial on how to create your own vehicles:
https://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/english/

If you follow the steps there, you can make your own vehicles in less than a few days. I learned it via this way as well (although my models are far from perfect, they work pretty well for me).

Good luck on creating your own vehicles, and remember this, keep trying until you got it right...There are always people who are willing to help you if you have any problems :wink:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well, a lot of progress has been made...As promised I made the Plan T, V and U and also made the DE4 TEE, a lot of trains had problems like in a previous post as Kamnet said:
kamnet wrote:STUNT DIESELS!
I had to made a lot of these models over and over again to make them finally right. So here's the final result:

All the "Hondekoppen" and Apekoppen" together, Plan F, G, M, Q, T, U and V in one screen to keep it simple. I'm very proud of all this work so far and all of the different liveries. All these models appear on the right time, according to their livery. For example the Mat'54 that has one yellow/blue and one green/yellow part drove one day in the Netherlands in December 2012 and it belongs to the Dutch "Stichting Mat'54". It has number 766. The WK soccer version of Plan V comes in the game in 1996. Most of the liveries drove around in the Netherlands during some time...Like the Mat'54 "Kunst-Rai"wich drove around in 1993 and the Mat'54 "Railhobby" wich drove around in 1995.

Here you can see some Mat'54 trains with these special liveries:
http://www.mat54.nl/parser.php?action=a ... uagekey=nl

Here you can see some Mat'54 trains and how they were put together:
http://www.arthurstreinenpagina.nl/Trei ... ingen.html

Next I made most of the NS ICM "Koplopers":

All of the liveries in this screenshot appeared in real life, except for the red "Arriva" version. Although I'm not sure if the "KLM" and "Martinair" versions appeared in EMU 4 version (I can't find any proof of that on google or other websites), I'm sure that they appeared in EMU 3 versions. Both in 1986. The EMU 4 of the "Koploper" came in 1990, so I guess the EMU 4 versions of "KLM' and "Martinair" are fiction. The Mendini (white doors), Aegon, Randstad, Kinderboekenweek and both Olympic-versions were real. The Mendini version also had a cinema version, but I couldn't find the MSTS version for that one...

Here you can see most of the "Koplopers" and how they were put together:
http://www.arthurstreinenpagina.nl/Trei ... ingen.html

So, now it's on to the next models. I will now start on the "Wadlopers", or DH-1 and DH-2 as they were called and some diesel-locomotives...So till next time :wink:
djhieronymus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by djhieronymus »

With the new sprinter , i mean the slt :)
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

The permission to share problem is easy to get around. Share the xml file and tell where original model can be found. Those that want your creation can do the msts2loco convert and make the dat file them self.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”