Rival earning more for worse quality of coal?

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
dakshay95
Engineer
Engineer

Rival earning more for worse quality of coal?

Post by dakshay95 »

I'm currently delivering coal to Motherwell, which is rated very poor (25%) and so is my rival and his coal is rated the same (15%) but every time his truck makes the deliver, he gets an income of about 800 pounds while I get an income of only around 350 pounds. How is this possible? He also brings the coal from a farther distance, and his delivery is not subsidized.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Rival earning more for worse quality of coal?

Post by Alberth »

Distance and speed of delivery are important factors in payment.
If you look at the payment graphs, you'll see that longer delivery time causes lower payment, but for fast vehicles the additional profit of the distance outweighs the longer time.
dakshay95
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dakshay95 »

Both of us are making deliveries using trucks, although he is using more number of trucks. Does that have anything to do with it?

Also, my rival had a truck depot near an iron mine, and I had one next to it too and everything was working smoothly. But now he's still able to load iron onto his trucks and send them to the steel industry, but my trucks just stand in the depot and wait. When I click on the depot, the info says- Waiting: Nothing and the status of my truck says "Loading/Unloading". Why is this happening?

Also, once I've started providing iron to a steel industry, how do I provide steel to other places?

And I'm also providing coal to a power generating industry and I'm getting income but when I click on the power generating industry, it says "Requires:Coal" even though I am satisfying that requirement.
Junafani
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Junafani »

dakshay95 wrote:Both of us are making deliveries using trucks, although he is using more number of trucks. Does that have anything to do with it?
No, number of trucks serving the line do not make any difference in one payment. However distance does make a difference and you said that rival was hauling coal from farther away. That is reason why he gets more money. However Alberth said that speed of delivery affect payment, but coal dosen't take too big hit on long delivery time-
dakshay95 wrote:Also, once I've started providing iron to a steel industry, how do I provide steel to other places?
If I remember correctly factory should appect steel and food items to produce goods. You provide them by running steel truck or train with steel wagons between industries.
dakshay95 wrote:And I'm also providing coal to a power generating industry and I'm getting income but when I click on the power generating industry, it says "Requires:Coal" even though I am satisfying that requirement.
Powerplant dosen't produce anything and that Requires:Coal is only there to tell you what it needs.

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”