Trains going the wrong way leaving the station

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Boodler
Engineer
Engineer

Trains going the wrong way leaving the station

Post by Boodler »

Hello,

First post here. Started a game out of nostalgia, and have a problem with train movement at stations.
I made a brief search on the forums but didn't find my problem mentioned:

3 stations, A, B, C. I transport wood from B and C to A. (Unload at station A.) Since the station is quite big, the last 2 or 3 tiles of the rail leading to station A is shared by more trains.
Sometimes, a train leaving from A to go back to either B or C, goes towards the wrong station. (Going to B, even though according to route planning, it should go to C) Then, of course, it makes the other train going to C instead of going to B.
Any suggestions how I can prevent this?

Let me know if I didn't give enough info to answer the question.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Trains going the wrong way leaving the station

Post by Alberth »

Please provide a picture (or better, a save game) demonstrating the problem.
Path finders work fine in general, so it may be something specific to your setup.
Boodler
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Boodler »

The attachment should be below:
1.JPG
1.JPG (95.69 KiB) Viewed 13518 times
Attachments
SCR3.PCX
(282.48 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Boodler wrote:Since the station is quite big, the last 2 or 3 tiles of the rail leading to station A is shared by more trains.
If a train finds that a track section it wants to use is occupied by another train, then it will look for another track section to use instead. This may be why your train is going off in the wrong direction.
Boodler
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Boodler »

[/quote]If a train finds that a track section it wants to use is occupied by another train, then it will look for another track section to use instead. This may be why your train is going off in the wrong direction.[/quote]

I understand that. Please refer to the picture posted above. Why would a train, that is supposed to go North-East go South-East instead?
I can understand that from the 2 lines leading North-East, it will select the route that is not occupied. But why does the train leave the station going South, when it should go North?

I will try to post a save later today.

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”