Open TTD and Transport Tycoon Deluxe for Win 7

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
ernieM
Engineer
Engineer

Open TTD and Transport Tycoon Deluxe for Win 7

Post by ernieM »

Hi, I am a little dim so please be patient. I have downloaded Open ttd which works on Win 7 OK but I have no competitors, how do I overcome this problem?
I have purchased TT Deluxe for Win 7 but the game only opens in a small screen???

Any help for this 66 year old who has always loved this game would be appreciated,

Cheers
Sufkop
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Open TTD and Transport Tycoon Deluxe for Win 7

Post by Sufkop »

You can download them in the in-game content system
BTW: Fun to hear that some people play TTD as long as 15 years :D
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ernieM wrote:I have purchased TT Deluxe for Win 7 but the game only opens in a small screen???
Look in your TT Deluxe installation folder for "TTconfig.EXE". Running this file will open a window that will allow you to select your screen settings.
icbear
Engineer
Engineer

Post by icbear »

I bought TTD when it first came out and I still love it. However have not had a CD for a long-time and am having difficulty getting the version i have to play on W7 as it keeps asking for the CD......shouldn't need it should I?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

icbear wrote:I bought TTD when it first came out and I still love it. However have not had a CD for a long-time and am having difficulty getting the version i have to play on W7 as it keeps asking for the CD......shouldn't need it should I?
If you are playing TTD without TTDPatch, make sure the .exe files are set to Windows95 or Windows98 compatibility mode.
If you are using TTDPatch, make sure that Win2k is set to on in your ttdpatch.cfg file and that ttdpatch.exe is set to WindowsXP compatibility mode.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

wallyweb wrote:If you are playing TTD without TTDPatch, make sure the .exe files are set to Windows95 or Windows98 compatibility mode.
Still doesn't work on XP or higher then. I've tried that years ago on XP, but to no avail.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

FooBar wrote:
wallyweb wrote:If you are playing TTD without TTDPatch, make sure the .exe files are set to Windows95 or Windows98 compatibility mode.
Still doesn't work on XP or higher then. I've tried that years ago on XP, but to no avail.
Arrrgh! You are right! DOS and NT do not a good compatibility make! The lad will have use the Patch (as well as the mandatory ttdpbasew.grf base graphics)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

You can of course just use TTDPatch with only "win2k on" set, and the experience will then be identical to vanilla TTD, if that's what floats your boat. Or you could run OpenTTD 0.1, which was more or less the same as vanilla TTD. ;)

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”