Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:45 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi, I am a little dim so please be patient. I have downloaded Open ttd which works on Win 7 OK but I have no competitors, how do I overcome this problem?
I have purchased TT Deluxe for Win 7 but the game only opens in a small screen???

Any help for this 66 year old who has always loved this game would be appreciated,

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 am 
Engineer
Engineer

You can download them in the in-game content system
BTW: Fun to hear that some people play TTD as long as 15 years :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

This Manual article might help you out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:06 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

ernieM wrote:
I have purchased TT Deluxe for Win 7 but the game only opens in a small screen???
Look in your TT Deluxe installation folder for "TTconfig.EXE". Running this file will open a window that will allow you to select your screen settings.

Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:03 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I bought TTD when it first came out and I still love it. However have not had a CD for a long-time and am having difficulty getting the version i have to play on W7 as it keeps asking for the CD......shouldn't need it should I?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

icbear wrote:
I bought TTD when it first came out and I still love it. However have not had a CD for a long-time and am having difficulty getting the version i have to play on W7 as it keeps asking for the CD......shouldn't need it should I?
If you are playing TTD without TTDPatch, make sure the .exe files are set to Windows95 or Windows98 compatibility mode.
If you are using TTDPatch, make sure that Win2k is set to on in your ttdpatch.cfg file and that ttdpatch.exe is set to WindowsXP compatibility mode.

Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:51 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

wallyweb wrote:
If you are playing TTD without TTDPatch, make sure the .exe files are set to Windows95 or Windows98 compatibility mode.

Still doesn't work on XP or higher then. I've tried that years ago on XP, but to no avail.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:43 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

FooBar wrote:
wallyweb wrote:

Still doesn't work on XP or higher then. I've tried that years ago on XP, but to no avail.
Arrrgh! You are right! DOS and NT do not a good compatibility make! The lad will have use the Patch (as well as the mandatory ttdpbasew.grf base graphics)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You can of course just use TTDPatch with only "win2k on" set, and the experience will then be identical to vanilla TTD, if that's what floats your boat. Or you could run OpenTTD 0.1, which was more or less the same as vanilla TTD. ;)