windows vista and ttd

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Viztruck
Engineer
Engineer

windows vista and ttd

Post by Viztruck »

hello,

I just want to start out by saying i dont know much about computers. I looked for a way to solve it threw the fourms but i could not do it. Its not because of a lack of information it is because of my lack of computer skill. I dont understand the how. If someone could help me threw the process i would greatly appreciate it. I want to run ttd with vista. Please remember that I have a lack of computer skill, and a step by step detailed prosess would be appreciated. I have the ttd disk as well. I cant even get that to install. Thank you
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: windows vista and ttd

Post by DaleStan »

You said that you searched and you found information. Therefore:

What information/instructions did you find? What steps did you perform? What were the results? How did those differ from the expected results?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Viztruck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Viztruck »

Thanks for the reply. I went to the ttd patch site and downloaded the one for windows, save it to a folder extracted it and the opened the file. this is what appeared in a small black box

ttdpatch v2.0 rev1 (windows)starting
ttdloadw.ovl not found, looking for original file
gamegfx.exe: no such file or directory
could not find gamegfx.exe
press any key to abort

thanks
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You need to extract TTDPatch into the folder where you have installed TTD.

Also, I think you may need 2.5 beta 9 for Vista support, but you'll get the message "Starting TTDLOADW.OVL" if it's properly installed, regardless.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Also note that you will need to set the compatibility option in ttdpatchw.exe properties to Windows XP (SP2/3) to prevent Vista killing TTDPatch, when it loses focus.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”