Where can I download Transport Tycoon deluxe for MAC?

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
dealrocker
Engineer
Engineer

Where can I download Transport Tycoon deluxe for MAC?

Post by dealrocker »

I love to play games and recently pretty much interested in Transport Tycoon. Want to download the full original game and instructions on how to run it. I searched a lot but cant find this game for MAC. Does anyone have a link for a website where I can download the game..?

Thanks in advance.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Where can I download Transport Tycoon deluxe for MAC?

Post by Yexo »

dealrocker wrote:I love to play games and recently pretty much interested in Transport Tycoon. Want to download the full original game and instructions on how to run it. I searched a lot but cant find this game for MAC. Does anyone have a link for a website where I can download the game..?

Thanks in advance.
Transport Tycoon (both original and deluxe) does not run on a mac. You can either run it in dosbox (or another emulator), at least if dosbox runs on a mac.

If you don't need exactly the original game but just a very similar (and improved) version, try OpenTTD
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Transport Tycoon Deluxe does not exist for Mac.

The DOS version of TTD should work in DOSBox.
The Windows version of TTD should work under darwine and/or CrossOver. The DOS version may.
TTDPatch may be added to either of the above; the result should still work, though will differ from TTD, somewhere between very minutely[0] and quite significantly.
OpenTTD will run natively on Mac, but will differ from TTD significantly.

[0] No matter what you do, TTDPatch will change the title bar in the main menu, for example.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I believe there is Transport Tycoon (not Deluxe) for MAC
(http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/tt.htm)

Hardly ever to be found but as far as I remember Owen acquired a copy of it (am not sure about it)
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
PvtNielson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PvtNielson »

I have a port of Transport Tycoon Deluxe that works excellent on Mac. Plays well with both Linux and PC version :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:I believe there is Transport Tycoon (not Deluxe) for MAC
(http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/tt.htm)

Hardly ever to be found but as far as I remember Owen acquired a copy of it (am not sure about it)
I received a scan of the box from Chris Sawyer, but not the game itself. It was released in Japan - I tried some years ago to find a copy, but failed. An English version was also created, but never released. It was, as you say, the original Transport Tycoon, and was I think a 68K Mac port.

EDIT: The letter and scans are here.

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”