Demolishing roads near city center

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
newbie1kenuubie
Engineer
Engineer

Demolishing roads near city center

Post by newbie1kenuubie »

Hello,

When I for example wish to build a station or do a change near the city center, I often see the need to demolish a tile containing a road.

But the city refuses me to do this. I have to demolish all the tiles containing roads until I reach the tile I want to change! Is there any way to avoid this? (exploit etc?)
gks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Demolishing roads near city center

Post by gks »

you go on modify patch and then on construction(something like that,because i play in italian landguage),and click on the button of:permitt city road demolish...you should find it
sorry for the bad typing,i didnt really know how to translate the thing.
Wup!wup!netherlands! Reds go together!! Forza ac milan!!
dave worley:IM BRIAN BLESSED!
visit my minicity!please increase mypopulation http://molinella.myminicity.com/[img]ht ... ture-1.png[/img]
newbie1kenuubie
Engineer
Engineer

Ok, so this is a function in openttd? or what?

I have openttd so I will look for it when I get home! Thanks!:)

I saw someone writing about the "home road square" in this forum. That if you deleted this square, the city would stop growing. How can I find out what is the home road square of each city?
gks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gks »

I dont know if what you heard is true...and yes,its for ottd.
Wup!wup!netherlands! Reds go together!! Forza ac milan!!
dave worley:IM BRIAN BLESSED!
visit my minicity!please increase mypopulation http://molinella.myminicity.com/[img]ht ... ture-1.png[/img]
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

And you have been able to do this in TTDPatch since before OpenTTD was more than a twinkle in ludde's eye. I believe the feature is enabled by default in Patch.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
newbie1kenuubie
Engineer
Engineer

Hello DaleStan.

I downloaded the newest patch from openttd.org 2 days ago. It was not enabled by default. I have enabled it and I am now able to remove roads where I please.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I said "TTDPatch". I did not say "OpenTTD". TTDPatch is not OpenTTD. Where I meant "OpenTTD", I said "OpenTTD".
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”