How do i for example; Transport from a boat to a train?

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
sobraine1
Engineer
Engineer

How do i for example; Transport from a boat to a train?

Post by sobraine1 »

In the sea there are oil platforms. But the Refinery is far away on land. How do i transport from sea (Boat) to an harbour to a train and to the rafinery?
Cannich
Engineer
Engineer

Re: How do i for example; Transport from a boat to a train?

Post by Cannich »

Well I’m by no means a "expert" but from what your asking here’s what you do and I’m presuming you are using OTTD, Build your ship in a hanger and then open up the order list where you tell it to go, click on Oil platform making it the first order on the list and now click on that order in the order window and you will notice the words are now in white and a few little extra boxes at the bottom of the order window have appeared they should be “Delete, Transfer, Unload, Full Load” select Full Load for the first order and send you ship off to the platform, Now while its loading up find a place along the coastline where you would like to build a train station, build it making shore the station is right next to the coast, next build a dock connecting to your train station and you should notice the station name now has a train and a boat symbol, OK now build a train in a depot and send it to the station with “full load” on as well, now your train is there waiting of oil, build the rest of the track to the oil Refinery of your choice and build a station there too naturally, select your train and make a order on the list going to the refinery station now select that order in the order window it should be order number 2 and once again those extra buttons should have appeared magically again and the order writing will be in white once again select “unload”, ok so now you have sorted out the train lets go back to the ship, click on the ship and open up its order window and tell it to go to your dock/train station, once again click on that order and those extras should pop up again click on the “Transfer” button then after that the “Unload” button and now next to your ships order it should say ( Transfer and Leave Empty), now all you got to do is sit back and watch your ship deliver cargo to the train station and the train loading up and taking it to the Refinery and making you money, hope this has helped you best of luck from Cannich
sobraine1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sobraine1 »

Thank you Cannich! It's now working. :D
Cannich
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cannich »

No Problem Any Time, Just Glad I Could Help :D

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”