Interesting Translations

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Aylo
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Interesting Translations

Post by Aylo »

I played very long ago TTO. It was my first PC game and it was in English (I'm from Germany). So I learned my first English with TTO. Several years later I bought TTD and it was in German.
I find it interesting, that there are aircrafts called "Darwin" (An English natural scientist) and in the German tranlsation they are called "Mendel" (An German natural scientist).
I didn't found other such translations, (FFP Dart -> FFP Pfeil, Airtaxi -> Lufttaxi, not anything special). But Yate Haugan -> Bonger Beauty (why?).

My question is, if there is already a forum thread with this topic (I didn't found one) and are there other interesting translations? (What is Darwin in the French version , etc.)

Aylomen
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Interesting Translations

Post by michael blunck »

Aylo wrote:[...] are there other interesting translations? (What is Darwin in the French version , etc.)
Neither the French nor Spanish translations are "interesting" in this regard. AFAIR, the names of vehicles are the same as in the English original, i.e. "Darwin (GB)" == "Darwin (F)" == "Darwin (E)", etc. Seems that only in the German translation many of the vehicles (mainly trucks) got "funny" names.

regards
Michael

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”