Train signals - everything about it - in plain english, plea

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
noizz
Engineer
Engineer

Train signals - everything about it - in plain english, plea

Post by noizz »

yo_ppl,

I´m curious about the ´extpresignals´ thing. I´ve always been a happy user of straight TTDX signals (one- and two-way) until I noticed that my trains are not running _exactly_ as I expect them to.

I see that there are some variations of them when using CTRL key. Anyone know anything about it? How doeas it work, etc...

TIA
noizz
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ildefonse »

I will try to tell you something about the new signals, why the are useful and much better then just the old ones.

For detailed description look at: https://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatc ... (detailed)

Look at this image: (cant seem to post it here)

https://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatc ... resig1.png

You see that when both exits are red, the pre-signal (where the trains enter the station) is also red! Now at the picture I have attached, you see a station construction using the pre-signals to prevent incoming trains to block the exit from trains alread at the station. Since there are no free slots at the station (grey signals), the 3rd train waits at the presignal (yellow horizontal bar) until there is one free. This will happen when one of the trains at the station leaves through the exit.

Note that although the actual exit of the construction shows a green light, the pre-signal is red! The pre-signal only works with the grey signals combined.

Hope you understand it a bit. Otherwise, just make this construction and test it yourself. And read the link i gave you.

Cheers, Adam.

Attachment:
Last edited by Ildefonse on 08 May 2002 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
I made that! ;)
noizz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by noizz »

sorry... I forgot to see the documentation :)

/me lame

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”