Train/bus Crashes

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Speggy
Engineer
Engineer

Train/bus Crashes

Post by Speggy »

my trains repeatedly crash into my buses as they drive across the track...
i've tried signals with no luck.
does anyone have any advice as there is no way to modify my track or buses without loseing hundreds of thousands (GBP) :?:
Gebbe
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Train/bus Crashes

Post by Gebbe »

Is bridging/tunneling road or rail not an option? So that either your buses go over/under your trains or vice versa? (btw, is 'vice versa' english? In that way that english speaking people do use it as it is?)

Gebbe
Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

Yes, that is how English-speakers use it. However, one would normally only list one of the two possibilities, as in, "buses go over the trains, or vice versa." :)
Additional Livery Set
Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
newbie1kenuubie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by newbie1kenuubie »

Yeah, they vehicle that has to go over/under will loose some speed. But if its a highly trafficed road you will save time and money in the long run, not having to replace squished bus'es...

:lol:
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

I believe there was some kind of option in TTDPatch or OpenTTD, which "fixed" this problem. (Well, sort of.) The train in question reserved the cross-over one or two tiles earlier, so that the buses had to wait earlier, which reduced the chance on a crash with a huge amount.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

That's PBS (Path Based Signaling). A crossing inside a PBS block will go red as soon as a path is reserved. By having PBS signal around the crossing you can get any amount of tiles (up to 32?) of ahead warning.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

63 to 65, I think. Most likely 64, but that may depend on how you count the tiles.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

I was thinking 'max 64 tiles between signals', dual-direction gives 32 on each side of the crossing.

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”