Transport Tycoon and Windows Vista

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Transport Tycoon and Windows Vista

Post by DaleStan »

You see in the upper right corner (or maybe lower right, if you're using subsilver or prosilver) of Rob's post, where it says "Posted:" in bold.

That would be when Rob made that post.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
topgun2000
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transport Tycoon and Windows Vista

Post by topgun2000 »

Not quite sure how I got this all working, but a hint from this thread helped I think. Will share what I did and will hopefully work for others. Am running Vista Basic on an HP laptop standard spec (i.e. no fancy tweaks etc).

All I did was:

Download the game from: http://www.tycoongames.net/downloadarea.html

Once extracted I tried to use the setup file to mod the registy but it wouldn't work. To get round this issue, simply scroll down to the registry file itself (ttdreg) and run that to patch the registry

I then tried running Start Transport Tycoon... also didn't work and said dplay.dll missing. After reading this thread on the forum I went to Windows\system32 and copied dplayx.dll from this folder into the same folder as the rest of the game. Tried to re-run but with no joy.... renamed it from dplayx.dll to dplay.dll and hey presto, it worked! (nb I also right clicked on Start Transport Tycoon and put it in compatibility mode for XP, which may have also helped...<but it shouldn't need it)

Think I also ran the patch file included in the main game archive

Hope this helps (no really, it was that simple!!)

Mark

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”