Problem...Unable to access transport tycoon CD

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Huddersfield_White
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Huddersfield_White »

still not working, i've tried everything... i give up :cry:
officer dibble
Engineer
Engineer

Post by officer dibble »

I downloaded TTD from http://www.abadonia.com took 5 mins to download straight to a file of my choosing. Then unzipped file, soreted it out & bobs your sisters brother, TTD based fun into the early hours! :lol: 8) 8)

Oh, the download is FREE!!!! 8)
Dave

Post by Dave »

officer dibble wrote:I downloaded TTD from http://www.abadonia.com took 5 mins to download straight to a file of my choosing. Then unzipped file, soreted it out & bobs your sisters brother, TTD based fun into the early hours! :lol: 8) 8)

Oh, the download is FREE!!!! 8)
Sister's brother? Isn't that...You?

Anyway - a new install may make things better... Keep trying! A new user would be nice!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ...

Post by SpComb »

Huddersfield_White wrote:still not working, i've tried everything... i give up :cry:
You always have the option of reinstalling windows...
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

It sounds like the problem is with the Operating System itself.
You would most lightly have to re-install the Operating System.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Dan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Dan »

try using this to make registry entries for the patch, I got the same errors before I found this. :wink:

If you still can't get it going I have a zipped compressed exe with a known working version of 2.5 beta 9 with instructions to get it started, PM me or reply with an email if you want it, it is 8.4Mb(too big to upload here)
Attachments
Registry.zip
Shadow XIII's registry editor
unzip and run to use
(440.2 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Last edited by Dan on 06 Jan 2007 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
╔═════════════════╗
║░ГЯΔИ$PØЯГ Г¥¢ØØИ!░║
║▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║
║▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
║░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║
╚═════════════════╝
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

With a known working version of WHAT!? You do realize that there has been somewhat more than three years of development since then, don't you?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Dan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Dan »

I know it is old, part of the instructions are to get an update. and it is now 2.5 beta 9 I finally updated, I will fix my previous post.
╔═════════════════╗
║░ГЯΔИ$PØЯГ Г¥¢ØØИ!░║
║▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║
║▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
║░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║
╚═════════════════╝
Kahee
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Problem...Unable to access transport tycoon CD

Post by Kahee »

hi
i was played ttd (patch)... somebody said install the open ttd its better... so i installed...but accidently i put it to the same folder with ttd patch...it works(ottd) but i wanted to put an other folder so i uninstalled...now i can't install bec its can't find the ottd...okay i was sad but no problem...so i tryed to play with ttd patch and i got this message too
with game gfx and ttd patch too :(

please anyone can help me? :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Problem...Unable to access transport tycoon CD

Post by DaleStan »

Uninstall and/or delete everything TTD-related from your computer. Then start over.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
tsowangxin
Engineer
Engineer

Re: ....

Post by tsowangxin »

Huddersfield_White wrote:ok, thank you for the massive help folks! and yes, i'm from huddersfield, at the University, but what does white mean? yes i'm a Leeds fan... we actually won the other day lol!

ok... first of all i've tried the nr-tdd_latest which spComb said, extracted it all, clicked on the install.bat and it comes up with "another program is currently using this file" It's been doing that A LOT recently on my computer, so i guess my pc needs a major overhaul, but that is gonna have to wait.

So i downloaded TTD Deluxe again, put the patch in as well as that graphics thing. Run ttdpatchw, get these messages, after deleting the file it's told me to, i dont get much further... registry error.
The same problem I had been happened. And the error message tells us one thing that the registry in your system(i.e. MS Windows) for TTDpatch or OpenTTD is gone. Maybe the registry data be deleted by someone, something or otherwise. To make sure this problem, to execute "TTconfig.exe". If "TTconfig.exe" isn't work, that's mean "registry data for TTD is gone from Registry System". Or to do the following each step:

Step 1: check registry data in your OS.
START -> EXECUTE (or RUN) -> keyin "regedit", that will execute the registry editor.

Step 2: Find the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FISH Technology Group"

Step 3: check the key named "Transport Tycoon Deluxe" is in "FISH Technology Group" ?
for this step, if the answer is "NO", means the registy data for TTDpatch is gone exactly, or the answer is "YES" that the problem I never happen.

In this case, the problem is THE REGISTY DATA IS GONE we supposed. So we'll recover the TTD registry data. please download the attachment first and unzip it. Then you'll get the file "recoverTTD.reg" and edit it by NOTEPAD or other editor. Before to execute recoverTTD.reg, To modify the key "HDPath" in the recoverTTD.reg file first. HDPath where the TTD game installed. To finish it and to execute it, click "YES" for done. After this, to execute "TTconfig.exe". So TTconfig.exe is work that TTD is work, too.

Sorry, My English isn't well. :mrgreen:
Attachments
recoverTTD.zip
To recover the registy data for TTD game.
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
DO IT WELL!
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re:

Post by Samwise »

SkeedR wrote:Google AVG or Avast or Adaware
(Though i think adaware is payfor now)

Why would it be? :)

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/3 ... 45910.html

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”