Coal Ridge Scenario

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

glenjimen
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Coal Ridge Scenario

Post by glenjimen »

Wow. You run a very complicated railroad. I'm really not sure what all the track and stations at the summit (Steel Works) are for. Same with the Coal and Iron Ore loader. Do you build stations that are more wide (many adjacent tracks) than long? I have always preferred longer stations with only two or three tracks wide for faster loading. I guess what you build is more prototypical (more realistic). Real railroads have yards with more tracks. In locomotion I have always favored a more simplistic design, that runs very efficiently. So I had long trains on dedicated routes traveling as quick as I could. Uphill, it wasn't very quick. :-) Also, I pretty much ignored passenger traffic.

I like the eye-candy. All your roads, bridges and other scenery. Somehow I never thought to put the Flyover bridge on top of the steel girder bridge. Looks cool! You built a good railroad on very tricky terrain.

Thanks for playing my scenario!
... but what do I know? I play with trains.

Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Re: Coal Ridge Scenario

Post by Lighthouse »

glenjimen wrote:
14 May 2020 01:45
Wow. You run a very complicated railroad. I'm really not sure what all the track and stations at the summit (Steel Works) are for. Same with the Coal and Iron Ore loader. Do you build stations that are more wide (many adjacent tracks) than long? I have always preferred longer stations with only two or three tracks wide for faster loading. I guess what you build is more prototypical (more realistic). Real railroads have yards with more tracks. In locomotion I have always favored a more simplistic design, that runs very efficiently. So I had long trains on dedicated routes traveling as quick as I could. Uphill, it wasn't very quick. :-) Also, I pretty much ignored passenger traffic.

I like the eye-candy. All your roads, bridges and other scenery. Somehow I never thought to put the Flyover bridge on top of the steel girder bridge. Looks cool! You built a good railroad on very tricky terrain.

Thanks for playing my scenario!
thx it was fun to play with.

I like to put the tracks more or less in a realistic way.
The loop at the summit is for steel trains so they do not clog up the main supply line with coal & ore. it used to be only double track, i later added a third one. and also with the third line i re-routed some of the lines to a more flat detour, some of the old track is still there for fun.
the coal and iron ore loader was a thing i tried to double the steel and ore when i arrived at the summit just before it entered the steel factory, but no success in that. i left them there and later builded a second unloading station.
when i have the money i try to build it nice if possible, add bridges, roads, trees etc. I also came up with the steelgirder and concrete bridge combo when experimenting. I also spended millions on landscaping, slopes and raising or lowering land so it looks natural.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”