[WIP] STALLED for now- Zimmlock's Serpent map Westernized

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

What do you think about my plan?

Poll ended at 24 Apr 2014 19:47

Good idea
50%
Bad idea
No votes
Don't care
50%
I like the last remake. Will there be others besides these two?
No votes

Total votes: 6

Killianbass3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[WIP] STALLED for now- Zimmlock's Serpent map Westernized

Post by Killianbass3 »

Alright I've decided to do another map and this one is a favorite of everyone. I like the map the way it is, but you can't use the railroads like SP ATSF and others so to shift it a little bit westward I'm going to westernize it. It will consist of the same elements as the US Square map, but there will be a flat green plain still on one stripe of land but this one will not require as many mods. So until the map is finished and tested I will let yall tell me what yall think.
Last edited by Killianbass3 on 10 Apr 2014 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] Zimmlock's Serpent map Westernized

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

This is a nice idea mate...How far are you on this project ? And how will it be when it's finished. We all know that the Serpent is a heavily modified map with lot's of mods in it. I have already modded the Serpent in this topic: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=51306. At the bottom you will find my "mod-free" version of the Serpent, however you will still need the soundfiles for it which can be found on AMI-Trains and two other files wich are included in the download.

The only other things that are pre-selected in the map are the original oilrigg, the oil-tanker and the roughroad. If you open up this "mod-free" landscape in the editor, you can select everything that you want...SP ATSF and others (if you have downloaded them) as well !

Better to use this download instead of the original Serpent because installation won't be as hard for this one. Of course when people already have the original Serpent with all the needed files and have it working, there will be no problem...But there where also a lot of people who could not get it to work, because the Serpent is a scenario for Die-Hard Locomotion-gamers and (for some people) the installation is kinda hard if you don't know what you're doing.

So like I said...Best is to use this "mod-free" version because the installation and the way to get it to work is much easyer then with the original version...But hey, that's just me :mrgreen: :wink:
Killianbass3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [WIP] Zimmlock's Serpent map Westernized

Post by Killianbass3 »

Thanks that is a good idea, but I'll have to restart, and it was nearly finished. But it would be a good idea. The reason it has taken so long is that for a while now I had taken the fun of playing locomotion over English work and my parents found out so I don't get to play any more.

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”