WIP mid east pennsylvania

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

mmarvelstrain
Director
Director

WIP mid east pennsylvania

Post by mmarvelstrain »

Hello i am in the process of making a Pennsylvania scenario. i am about 2 hours of work in and i say about 10% done but i'd say 50% done with physical map. i am trying to make it to scale in a way by making it square so i'd use the mid to east of the state. my range i am thinking is Phili in one corner, harrisburg on mid of the opposite side. i am planning coal mines in the north east side of the state with farming along bottom mainly but some patches in the middle and on the mid east side. i am including the towns of, Shenandoah, Allentown, Bethlehem, reading, Lancaster, norristown, york, westchester, levitown, Harrisburg and PHili. allong with a river parelalling the west side and then comming up near phili.

IS there anything to add before i finish, and yes there will be a mod free one (but i can't remove earth and concrete slopes)

PARDON MY GRAMMAR AND SPELLING

White is coal, green = farm, and blue is a river. this is a crude mock up
Skech up.jpg
Last edited by mmarvelstrain on 08 Mar 2010 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
Locomotion is kool with a capital k TM
Look what I Made (Name That Plane)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=41042
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: WIP mid east pennsylvania

Post by Illegal_Alien »

mmarvelstrain wrote:[...]
IS there anything to add before i finish, and yes there will be a mod free one (but i can't remove earth and concrete slopes)]
Then it isnt mod free :P ;)

And erm, whats with the drawing made by a baby? Cant make any sence out of it ;)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

crude is an under statement :P

Thought google maps or google earth would be a good place to get maps, then crop, rotate, and gray scale, then add :P

Still, being male, I do see the organization on the paper; may look messy, but its organized mess. :P
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

is that a wad of gum in the lower right hand corner?
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

rdrdrdrd wrote:is that a wad of gum in the lower right hand corner?
3D Mountain for effect...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Joputivo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Joputivo »

For people who love Locomotion, inspiration and desire to expand our boundaries appears to us in any place and any way, therefore, at the moment of inspiration, we must use every means at our disposal to translate into the physical plane all that our brain to imagine in a torrent of railfanning's pleasure, quoted as an example the drawing which provides us Mr Mmarveltrains, invaluable as always

PD:Not whether I can move this to the AutoCAD ... I will have to revise my postgraduate's notes
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Speaking of maps.

Joputivo, when is your Slegman comming out?
mmarvelstrain
Director
Director

Post by mmarvelstrain »

rdrdrdrd wrote:is that a wad of gum in the lower right hand corner?
no i shaded a large circle for Phili and when the flash went off it hit it at the right angle, just look at Harrisburg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway thanks who ever said google maps. after looking at maps Farming is HUGE. so i will have food processing in Phili and Harrisburg, i am having trouble finding coal mines. does anyone know where they would be.
Locomotion is kool with a capital k TM
Look what I Made (Name That Plane)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=41042
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Last week I used google maps to try and make a [south] Sydney scenario. After much fiddling, I *did* get a landscape out... but it just doesn't work on this scale. I was hoping to mock up most of the East Hills, Illawarra and Inner West lines...but the scale does it no justice. I would have had to cut out at least a third of the stations on the east hills line (and many more on the others)... and the map ended up mostly flat. I couldn't get any height data from google maps (well I *could use the topo map, but that isn't convenient to use in this case), and have been unable to get a height map of Sydney in the past. Actually, the only thing I could get off there was the water, I think I did that by decomposing the map to the HSV space, in which one element clearly distinguished the water - frombably the Value.

I guess my long winded point is that... the scale is way too restrictive. 384^2 is was too small for some maps.2048^2 would probably be muich better in some cases :P
Joputivo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Joputivo »

I have some time away from civilization for work, but I think in few days will have prepared a free mods version. Before I need to find the original author of the map to get permission to release the scenario. Could you help me with that?

Also I have in mind to improve the layout of the railways and even make a branch for short-distance local traffic.

I remember a screenshot of you that appeared a type Barstow station buildings and other ... If you were to give us with something like this would help with the trains stations layout, something like a ski stations but with graphics that simulate those stations. It would be perfect
Casey Jones3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Casey Jones3 »

I love the idea, but I have one problem and/or question, why are you putting in Shenandoah but not pottsville pa? pottsville is the county seat of Schuylkill county (which shenandoah is located in) so could you put pottsville in instead of shenandoah? oh and make some coal fields in and arround shenandoah too, there are coal fields there too! :bow:
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Why would you bump a three year old topic for that ? I'm sure that this project is no longer be supported or released...
Because it's local to him EDS that's why he suggested the change in township, however our bumper forgot to check the date of the post which means an angry badger will be round soon to chastise us all reminding us not to bump old posts

Oops I think we just did bump a older bump of a very old post.
Last edited by Badger on 11 Jun 2013 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Text colour altered.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Hi Casey Jones3, please don't post in topics that have no activity for a prolonged period of time. As EDS has written, this is a dead project and will likely never see the light of day.

uktrackbuilder_loco - I've changed your text colour in that last post so people don't have to strain their eyes to read it. Please stick to a more normal (eg black) text colour.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Badger wrote: uktrackbuilder_loco - I've changed your text colour in that last post so people don't have to strain their eyes to read it. Please stick to a more normal (eg black) text colour.
Thank you, Badger, but it is the same in this Thread. http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1081491
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”