[REL] The Serpent scenario

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Re: [REL] The Serpent scenario

Post by Lighthouse »

Congratulations Zimmlock, you´ve completed it. :mrgreen:

Small problem, see added pic, I think i have a different scenario or some items inside. I don´t have the station buildings as seen in scr 60
Link = http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=118109
Screens of the options i have in my scenario:
Station buildings
Station buildings
Station buildings.png (29.55 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
And i got another error with one of the mail cars, Usp*prr mailexpress boxcar.
When i put it in a train wich has to turn directions at an end-station, the train automaticaly goes of the track when it wants to turn arround after its unloads/loads at the station and you have to put it back manualy. Very strange, never had that before. I tried it several times with some other wagons/loco´s but it seems to only happen with that mailcar.
You have also got some end-stations where the trains have to turn arround can you try it if it happens to you?
Attachments
Screenie of Usp*prr mailexpress boxcar
Screenie of Usp*prr mailexpress boxcar
Screenshot52.png (195.81 KiB) Viewed 748 times
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
TrainKid1998
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrainKid1998 »

SD89MAC wrote:
TrainKid1998 wrote:Hi,'
Zimmlock i noticed the faltcar with the tractors. I tried the search but failed to find anything.
Any suggestions or mabye Plastikman would know?
Id love to have those flat cars that have the custom crates and stuff on it.
Thank and Best Reguards,
TrainKid1998
It is Plastikman's I looked on http://www.amitrains.co.uk/plastikman/ and it's USAFC351.dat or US Goods Flatcar 35ft (Tractors)

I checked in my ObjData and I have it installed, chances are you do to if you're up to date with the mega pack :wink:
Really? I look ed in my objdata and i dont see it. I just downloaded the 1.0.3 update and it wasnt in there either. Im gonna try to go in manually and copy the file to my objdata. If that doesont work, what am i gona do?
Banned Member
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

TrainKid1998 wrote:
SD89MAC wrote:
TrainKid1998 wrote:Hi,'
Zimmlock i noticed the faltcar with the tractors. I tried the search but failed to find anything.
Any suggestions or mabye Plastikman would know?
Id love to have those flat cars that have the custom crates and stuff on it.
Thank and Best Reguards,
TrainKid1998
It is Plastikman's I looked on http://www.amitrains.co.uk/plastikman/ and it's USAFC351.dat or US Goods Flatcar 35ft (Tractors)

I checked in my ObjData and I have it installed, chances are you do to if you're up to date with the mega pack :wink:
Really? I look ed in my objdata and i dont see it. I just downloaded the 1.0.3 update and it wasnt in there either. Im gonna try to go in manually and copy the file to my objdata. If that doesont work, what am i gona do?
i will say it again, go into your hive it is in there under North_American_Cargo_Pack/rolling stock and copy it to your objtdata folder. starting to sound like a broken record here.
TrainKid1998
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrainKid1998 »

I checked in my ObjData and I have it installed, chances are you do to if you're up to date with the mega pack :wink:[/quote]
Really? I look ed in my objdata and i dont see it. I just downloaded the 1.0.3 update and it wasnt in there either. Im gonna try to go in manually and copy the file to my objdata. If that doesont work, what am i gona do?[/quote]

i will say it again, go into your hive it is in there under North_American_Cargo_Pack/rolling stock and copy it to your objtdata folder. starting to sound like a broken record here.[/quote]
I did try that and it wasnt in the MEGAPack folder either.
Banned Member
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

TrainKid1998 wrote:I checked in my ObjData and I have it installed, chances are you do to if you're up to date with the mega pack :wink:
Really? I look ed in my objdata and i dont see it. I just downloaded the 1.0.3 update and it wasnt in there either. Im gonna try to go in manually and copy the file to my objdata. If that doesont work, what am i gona do?[/quote]

i will say it again, go into your hive it is in there under North_American_Cargo_Pack/rolling stock and copy it to your objtdata folder. starting to sound like a broken record here.[/quote]
I did try that and it wasnt in the MEGAPack folder either.[/quote]

have you pmed plastik, i would.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

@ lighthouse, Did you start a new game after the release of The Serpent or are you still on the test map i have send you?! if yes you better start again ( i know pfew) with a clean install and the latest The Serpent Installer.
About the Baseplate station i guess you have a different version then i have, you allso show German text, i have enclosed a image with all "stations" i have so you can check if you have the same.

Then, about the PRR Mailcar i have no problems with it maybe you data is a little corrupt and you have to reinstall the data of the mailcar. To let the change come in effect you have to pickup the train from the tracks and replace it.
I have attached screens to show you myn reversed with no problem.

@Trainkid1998 That flatcar with tractors, and the other two with crates and boxes, are in the LPS set.
Attachments
Baseplate stations.png
Baseplate stations.png (445.18 KiB) Viewed 748 times
PRR mail car01.png
PRR mail car01.png (355.78 KiB) Viewed 748 times
PRR mail car02.png
PRR mail car02.png (355.78 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Just stumbled on a small problem at the Laysville Food plant, there ll not be much space to place the Food stations and waiting tracks for both directions. I have to change the mainlines that passes the plant and let them run as close to the water as possible. to get this dont i have to change the split to Laysville cargo station.
Attachments
085 future problem with food stations.png
lighted area is where station is planed
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
086 Tracks to be changes.png
087 Changed track layout.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Zimmlock, I've also noticed that you have more buildings than I do. I don't have the Water Tower, Signal Box or the Industrial Scenery
Building. Could I have a different version too?

EDIT: I just redownloaded it and the one I just downloaded said it's bigger than the other one I had. But still not the other buildings.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Screenshots, you say? Sure, why not. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
(410.47 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Screenshot2.png
(330.57 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Screenshot3.png
(286.46 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Attachments
Screenshot4.png
(239.19 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Screenshot5.png
(342.33 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Screenshot6.png
(411.87 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Last two for now.
Attachments
Screenshot7.png
(385.17 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Screenshot9.png
(133.17 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

first i want to do some coal, the next mine i just a while further on the mainline, here ill construct a coal loading station, small trains ll climbe the mountain and nuload into a large train. Here i remembered i made this map for 42 tile long coal and ironore trains that come from fare. Woops i build the unload stations at the steel plant only 32 tile long, so a major reconstruction is needed.
Attachments
088 Westfield entrance and exit to coalloading station.png
089 Westfield coalloading station.png
090 Steelplant unload entrance before.png
Last edited by Zimmlock on 04 Oct 2009 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

All reconstructions i do without stopping trains, all went well pfew, you know what can happen if you take out one or two signals..........
Attachments
091 Steelplant unload entrance after reconstruction.png
092 Steelplant unload exit before.png
093 Steelplant unload exit after reconstruction.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Tattoo wrote:Zimmlock, I've also noticed that you have more buildings than I do. I don't have the Water Tower, Signal Box or the Industrial Scenery
Building. Could I have a different version too?

EDIT: I just redownloaded it and the one I just downloaded said it's bigger than the other one I had. But still not the other buildings.
You didnt read the readme, it say you have to install The Serpent files as last. This because it ll overwrite a few data to have the special features.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Bennythen00b wrote:Screenshots, you say? Sure, why not. :mrgreen:
Nice 8) i like the way you toss around the trackparts to prevent the towns from expanding to much
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Zimmlock wrote:You didnt read the readme, it say you have to install The Serpent files as last. This because it ll overwrite a few data to have the special features.
But I did install it last. I just reinstalled before I wrote about them and still they aren't there. I even started a new game to see. Hmmm.

EDIT: I just looked and the .dats are there but they're not in the game. I reinstalled it in a new folder to see what was there and I found them but I can't access them in the game. Could it be something with the tractst.dat?

EDIT2: I just looked at the map in the scenerio editor and they are all there but I can't get them in the game..

EDIT3: I just found out where it should be and it's not in the PFUND.DAT. The other watertower is in there but not your new one. I'll add them in for myself but what comes from your installer isn't correct.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

i been playing this the last three days, i never have laid as much track as i have the last three days. feels like a map that is double in size, been great fun.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Zimmlock wrote:
Bennythen00b wrote:Screenshots, you say? Sure, why not. :mrgreen:
Nice 8) i like the way you toss around the trackparts to prevent the towns from expanding to much
I think I learned that from you or Plastik, actually. Works like a charm. :)
TrainKid1998
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrainKid1998 »

Zimmlock wrote:@ lighthouse, Did you start a new game after the release of The Serpent or are you still on the test map i have send you?! if yes you better start again ( i know pfew) with a clean install and the latest The Serpent Installer.
About the Baseplate station i guess you have a different version then i have, you allso show German text, i have enclosed a image with all "stations" i have so you can check if you have the same.

Then, about the PRR Mailcar i have no problems with it maybe you data is a little corrupt and you have to reinstall the data of the mailcar. To let the change come in effect you have to pickup the train from the tracks and replace it.
I have attached screens to show you myn reversed with no problem.

@Trainkid1998 That flatcar with tractors, and the other two with crates and boxes, are in the LPS set.
Oh ok. That cures my troubles and my headache :lol: . Thanks 8)
EDIT: I looked and i dont even see a single flatcar in the LP&S set. :| I dont know how why you told me that it was in the LP&S Pack. ?( I dont understand. :x
Banned Member
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I am looking at all the early PRR stuff thinking that this is some sexy stuff...

I am getting a bit irritated at all the semaphores tho and having to change them out... i should have modded the searchlights to go to 1920..
it would be cool to have an actual prr signal set, they were very unique..

i had to make a few more missing items for my game :D

@trainkid, read the directions again closely....
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”