[REL] The Serpent scenario

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] The Serpent scenario

Post by Zimmlock »

Now to connect the Westfield Ironore mine to the steelplant. I allways build 2 stations at each production unit, i guess most peeps do, to have the 100% rating. Build the first "long" train (two K4's with 27 hoppers and a caboose) to messure the length of the waitingtrack, and run out of money for the first time (build all with autopause) just unpause for a while to have new funds. LOL
Attachments
028 first time run out of money.png
(3.76 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
029 station at Westfield ironore mine.png
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
030 station at Westfield ironore mine.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

After the killing job of putting signals, i realy hate that and on this map its a hell of a job, the first ironore train is loaded for its first trip.
Attachments
031 departure of first ironore train.png
032 first ironore on it way.png
033 first ironore arrives at Orange steelplant.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

Its all looking great. I'm loving how you design your stations. I tend to struggle on that part and you make it look easy.
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

It was great fun testing it and with the newly added items from Plastiman it has been greatly improved. Thx for making this Scenario.
Zimmlock wrote:I continue to build passenger stations, at each town 1 except at New Franklin this town ll have 2 stations. The station at Laysville has no road tunnel, in the future i need the space between the central station and the foodplant.
At the franklin north station you´ve stacked the station on top of each other to create some sort of overpass. Didn´t knew that was possible.
You have some sort of overpass in the scenario but that has no function at the `normal´ tracks. And the steps that go with them are a seperated item wich is not added in the scenario.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Lighthouse wrote: At the franklin north station you´ve stacked the station on top of each other to create some sort of overpass. Didn´t knew that was possible.
You have some sort of overpass in the scenario but that has no function at the `normal´ tracks. And the steps that go with them are a seperated item wich is not added in the scenario.
It can be done with the woodbridge from the passenger station baseplate. I have not included the verry german looking signaltower with the overpass.

Back to business, i supply the papermill at Orange with wood and close to the town is a chemicalplant, both need to get hooked up to the Westfield industrial area. There i plan just 1 large unloading station, 15 tracks width but only 5 station tiles long, so trains ll be onloading for a while. To make it handle more trains at the time its entry and depart sides are split up in 4-4-3-4 tracks, the first 4 are ment to handle the paper and steel trains from Orange, atm just standard 16 tile long, all others ll be 32 tile long. the next 4 tracks ll handle all chemicals from Orange and New Franklin chemical plants. the next 3 tracks ll handle paper from North Glenworth papermill, the last 4 all the oil trains.
While building this i found out the mainlines running along the water have to move up 1 tile, so lots of action :D .
Attachments
034 large station at Westfield industry.png
existing mainline has to move up 1 tile
035 large station at Westfield industry.png
036 large station at Westfield industry.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Zimmlock, I was able to build the staion at Orange but can't find the buildings you used to extend the Ship Dock building. What buildings are them? I can't find them.

EDIT: I found it. It's the HB Station Extension 1 & 2. That looks really good. Thanks for the screenies....
Last edited by Tattoo on 01 Oct 2009 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Tattoo wrote:Zimmlock, I was able to build the staion at Orange but can't find the buildings you used to extend the Ship Dock building. What buildings are them? I can't find them.
You can find them under the passenger baseplate station selection window, just like you build a station, the name is HB station extention 1 and 2.

I have been building more, finished the massive unload station at the Westfield industry.
Two stations at Orange papermill and connected to Westfield.
Attachments
037 massive amount of tracks.png
038 exit side of Westfield industrial unload station.png
039 station at Orange papermill.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Wow, thats one huge amount of track at the same space... :shock:
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Wow, thats one huge amount of track at the same space...
I know, but this is the third time i play this map and i know i need it :twisted:

First paper train made its first trip, allso business is going fine.
Attachments
040 first paper train on the move.png
041 first train-paper arrives at Westfield industry.png
042 1926 business is going fine.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
CRATSCH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CRATSCH »

Great map....I'm having great times with it!
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I got a question about the Autopause program. I've been using it for a while but the only key I can use for it is the space bar. I can't get it to use a different key. Because of that, I can't have spaces in a name when I want to change a name of something. So I'd like to know how do you, Zimmlock, have spaces in the names of the rail stations if you use Autopause?

EDIT: I got it now. I changed it once to 0 then hit the dropdown box again and seen numpad0. Now I got it working how I want it. Also, those stations you show in your screenies are just awesome! Thanks for sharing that info. I didn't know all that could be done. :lol: Thanks A LOT...
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

After the paper its time for the Orange chemical plant to be connected to the Westfield industrial area.
Attachments
043 station at Orange chemicalplant.png
044 first chemical train on it way.png
045 first chemicals arrive at Westfield.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Now this part, the Orange to Westfield area, is allmost finished, i have to arrainge the triangle between Westfield industry, Westfield and Westfield Ironore mine verry good. This ll be the most bussy part of the map and if you dont make it good, its a hard job to change when you have to reroute many trains. Start to build the Cargo (food and good) stations at Orange and Westfield altough the towns do not yet accept goods. And the main Goods stations at Westfield industry, this all to be able to build "the triangle" as good as possible. Its all possible now i have a substantial income from the paper and the chemicals.
Attachments
046 booming business first 1000000.png
047 cargo station at Orange.png
048 Goods stations at Westfield Industry.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
greendude
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by greendude »

Hey Zim it looks like you forgot to edit something when you were using locotool :o But it's not a very big problem is it? :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot9.jpg
Screenshot9.jpg (98.78 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
I love trains!!!
Image Image
Image Image
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Hey Zim it looks like you forgot to edit
Woops, thats not me but Plastikman, i guess he made a typo, LOL its obsolete before it there.

Gave Westfield its cargo station, this station is of a different configuration because the goods producing industry is nearby, it ll not recieve food, Westfield ll have a seperate food recieving station. The triangle has been finished and slowly more and more action at the tracks.
Plastikman, your steamers and wagons are verry nice, to bad i cant freez time.
Attachments
049 cargo station at Westfield.png
050 more action.png
051 the Westfield triangle.png
little zoomed out overview of the triangle
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

he was trying to introduce it in 1976 when conrail was formed. lol still funny.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Time to open the oil plateau, build first stations at Laysville oilfields, serving it with 6 trains and thats not enough, but i just wait for new wagons, ll not deploy more trains on this field. Oil wells tend to have a verry unstable output, the six trains can nicely wait on the station and the buffer tracks without blocking the main oil route.
Attachments
052 Laysville oilfield stations.png
053 first oil train on route.png
054 first oil arrives at Westfield.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

greendude wrote:Hey Zim it looks like you forgot to edit something when you were using locotool :o But it's not a very big problem is it? :lol:
LoL.. funny...

I forgot I kill the GG1 in the us set in 1973 even tho they ran till about 1980.

I had the script change just the start date if it was before Conrail and the end date only if it was AFTER conrail.. i didnt give it logic that if it ends before it starts...

It is now fixed. I also patched the other 2 Conrail GG-1's, the PC's and the rest of the PPR incase you decided to choose diferant flavors..
You'll have to DL the serpent and run it again for the new patch. it wont effect savegames at all.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Zimmlock wrote:
Hey Zim it looks like you forgot to edit
Woops, thats not me but Plastikman, i guess he made a typo, LOL its obsolete before it there.

Gave Westfield its cargo station, this station is of a different configuration because the goods producing industry is nearby, it ll not recieve food, Westfield ll have a seperate food recieving station. The triangle has been finished and slowly more and more action at the tracks.
Plastikman, your steamers and wagons are verry nice, to bad i cant freez time.
Zimmlock, any chance of you posting more screenies like 051 the Westfield triangle.png with more of the track layout in them? I'm not that good at this and am learning A LOT from what you're posting. I'm trying to build mine exactly like you're showing but can only go by what you're showing. Thanks and thanks for posting what you did already. I've learned a lot already from just what you're showing...
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

i think this is the first we actually get to see how zim develops his games. good times :D

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”