DM&E South Dakota Grain Map

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

DM&E South Dakota Grain Map

Post by bluebeetle »

The Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern Railroad (DM&E) (reporting mark DME) is a Class II railroad subsidiary of the Canadian Pacific Railway operating across South Dakota and southern Minnesota in the northern plains of the United States. Portions of the railroad also extend into Wyoming, Nebraska and Iowa. DM&E and Iowa, Chicago and Eastern Railroad (IC&E) are both jointly managed by Cedar American Rail Holdings, making the combined system the largest Class II network in the US.[1] Although Cedar American Rail Holdings manages both railroads, in reality it is a subsidiary of Dakota Minnesota & Eastern Railroad Corporation, but Iowa, Chicago and Eastern Railroad is a subsidiary of Cedar American Rail Holdings.

DM&E began operations on September 5, 1986 over tracks that were spun off from Chicago and North Western Railway in South Dakota and Minnesota. Much of the negotiations were handled by the office of Senator Larry Pressler and his legal counsel Kevin V. Schieffer. After a successful decade of growth for DM&E, Schieffer succeeded J. C. McIntyre as president of the railroad on November 7, 1996.

In 1997 DM&E announced plans to build into Wyoming's Powder River Basin to become the third railroad (after BNSF Railway and Union Pacific Railroad) to tap into the region's rich coal deposits. The Surface Transportation Board (STB) released the final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) on November 19, 2001; with the final EIS in place and approval from the STB, the railroad has federal authority to construct the project.

DM&E purchased the assets of I&M Rail Link railroad in 2002, renaming it Iowa, Chicago and Eastern Railroad and combining its management and dispatching duties with those of DM&E under the holding company Cedar American Rail Holdings. Schieffer serves as president and CEO of Cedar as well as serving as president of DM&E. The combined system directly connects Chicago through Iowa to Kansas City, Minneapolis-St. Paul and continues as far west as Rapid City, South Dakota. Smaller branches extend into portions of Wisconsin, Wyoming and Nebraska.[2]

In September 2007 it was announced that Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) would acquire the DM&E upon approval by the Surface Transportation Board of the US Department of Transportation. The STB announced its approval of the purchase plan on September 30, 2008, with the official last day of operations for DM&E scheduled for October 30, 2008.[3][4] The merger is complete as of October 31, 2008.[5]

wiki.com

-------

for this map you must move 300k tons of grain to mason city, iowa grain elevator from south dakota. the east part of the map is pretty much flat with slight elevation changes. in south dakota the elevations tarts to climb as you approach the black hills.

basically on this map we are using DM&E, CNW, CP and Soo power, with grain cars and box cars to carry food. grain is the most transported good on DM&E.

you will need provo map installed, and UP and BN Deko packs. you will be using grain cars and boxcars from both sets., you will also need the mega pack installed.

there is no wrong way to lay track or play the map that is up to you. have fun.

Attachments
DM&E South Dakota (landscape).rar
(184.75 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
DM&E South Dakota (MOD).rar
(214.51 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Re: DM&E South Dakota Grain Map

Post by bluebeetle »

in game pics:

Joputivo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Joputivo »

Bluebeetle you´re the Chief of the Maps!!! But personally (again, sorry for my english) think that route maps like Yellow Pass and Tehacapi are my preferred but other maps like that are good also. Keep working you´re done a grat job.

Oh!, where you get the DM&E logo¿?¿? can you post it¿? Every time i see your work and Plastikman i think "mummy when a become a man a want to be like these!!" jajajjaja (bad joke sorry)

Good work and thank for give us hours of play and play
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

nice map, he made the logo.
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

Quick question although this is barely noticeable how did u get consecutive locomotives to face the same way?
ALAMEDA CORRIDOR Map (WIP)

It's been revived
Joputivo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Joputivo »

Whow!! I didnt noticed too!! Could be that you intercale the FRED behind locos¿?¿?
NEC I salute you. What happened with your Alameda Corridor Project¿? it passed many time from the last post and i think that map will be great
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

a hush hush beta
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

I don't mean to push off topic but it's funny you mentioned it because I started over with map and used the map gen tool but the landscape was nasty lookin so I started lowering the land (a few months ago) jus recently started again and the lowering landscape process 80% done then I have to layout the cities and then test it out
ALAMEDA CORRIDOR Map (WIP)

It's been revived
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

thank you all, this is a first map i done with plains, and plains are the hardest to do. how do you make plains keep from looking boring. i found it to be difficult, and still need A LOT of practice. but i fiqured it was time to make an scenario that all can easily play.

for company editor for the logo: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... any+editor

plastik has been playing yellowhead A LOT coming up with ideas to make it much better, so a new version sometime down the line.
nettony
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nettony »

bluebeetle wrote:thank you all, this is a first map i done with plains, and plains are the hardest to do. how do you make plains keep from looking boring. i found it to be difficult, and still need A LOT of practice. but i fiqured it was time to make an scenario that all can easily play.

for company editor for the logo: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... any+editor

plastik has been playing yellowhead A LOT coming up with ideas to make it much better, so a new version sometime down the line.
It is a glad map. :P Thanks :bow: .
Attachments
USA(D1).jpg
USA(D1).jpg (249.78 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
USA(D2).jpg
USA(D2).jpg (235.82 KiB) Viewed 6221 times
USA(D3).jpg
USA(D3).jpg (268.25 KiB) Viewed 6220 times
nettony
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nettony »

:P
Attachments
USA(D6).jpg
USA(D6).jpg (280.49 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
USA(D5).jpg
USA(D5).jpg (241.42 KiB) Viewed 6213 times
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

thanks, very cool screen shots :D
Berethez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Berethez »

I downloaded this and i seem to be missing these DKBGHB51 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKBNGB51 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKBNGB52 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKNLO101 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKNLO102 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKULO101 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKULO102 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKULO103 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKULO104 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKUPGB51 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKUPGB52 : --- Not installed!!! ---
DKUPGB53 : --- Not installed!!! ---
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

Same as your other post, Install dekosoft pack on ami trains
http://www.amitrains.co.uk/downloads/vi ... -pack.html
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”