FALLS CREEK [ v1.0 ] - Released (on first post)

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

FALLS CREEK [ v1.0 ] - Released (on first post)

Post by Vemon3D »

Falls Creek Scenario RELEASED
Version 1.0

Basics about this map:
This scenario is similar to my first mega scenario, Orebro 1955 (can be found here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... rebro+1955) however, due to some complaints about lack of lands and too much water and I've decided that I will use those complaints up and used whole map as a mountainous lands with a wee river drift through the scenario from bayside to a small lake at New Norfolk / Lakehouse area. This map is in high demand for local foods from local farmlands, local energies for house electricity from local coal plant and power stations and local timber from local lumberyard. Deliver at least 40,000 tons of grains until the deadline of 31st December, 2029.

Mods Required:
- Earth Slopes (Illegal_Alien's new Earth Slopes is not included)
- SQ Flats (http://seelenquell.pytalhost.com/index. ... f=SQ+Flats)
- Boundary Marker ([Plastikman's]http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... ary+Marker)
- British Rail Pack (BR [Illegal_Alien & Andel]http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... itish+Rail)

Scenario info:
Of course, it is not based in real-world scenario. ('Falls Creek' is from a town name in Victoria, Australia) and you can change the scenario settings to match your own preferences, like adding more BR trains or more buildings or even improve the map. However, if you would like to release your 'Falls Creek' improved scenario, you need to let me know before posting them.

This scenario is unusual, because this scenario has four dead eye-candy airports, including two brand new international airports at Bayside and near ski resorts (Forsyth International Airport and Falls Creek International Airport) - Falls Creek Intl Airport is much larger and busier than rest of other airports and airfields. Smallest airport is Sorrento Regional Airport at Sorrento. The region of 'Bayside' is pretty different to rest of the scenario because of land difficulties to establish a town on, difficulties to establish your train or tram or bus services and routes. Ferry routes along the bay, Forsyth Bay and Stevern River would be good idea.

Screenshots and files:
I've uploaded two updated pictures of the scenario, and one zipped file which it includes the scenario file and readme.txt file. Enjoy playing my 2nd scenario. There will be third scenario upcoming. Suggestions and feedbacks welcome.
Attachments
Falls Creek [Mods].zip
Zipped folder
(586.05 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Apologies about picture. Something wrong about my paint software.
Apologies about picture. Something wrong about my paint software.
Screenshot6.png (166 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
Bayside area in oblique view.<br /><br />Notice Forsyth International Airport in far left? City of Forsyth in top left, town of Severn in bottom right with few of villages and towns along the 'The Spit'
Bayside area in oblique view.

Notice Forsyth International Airport in far left? City of Forsyth in top left, town of Severn in bottom right with few of villages and towns along the 'The Spit'
Screenshot8.png (305 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
Last edited by Vemon3D on 20 Jul 2010 09:47, edited 2 times in total.
BRISBANE
new world city

Bored? Lets play way different scenario!
Rugged and rough coastline - very mountainous - very very very limited flat lands - interesting map - French / English fictional scenario -
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 63#p869963
bnsfnut
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Falls Creek Scenario

Post by bnsfnut »

Looks nice. When will you relese it?
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

When its finished.
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

As what I said, could be by next weekend. Ah, thanks for feedback.
BRISBANE
new world city

Rugged and rough coastline - very mountainous - very very very limited flat lands - interesting map - French / English fictional scenario -
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

The map attachment I've attached, show you the train lines you can add on the scenario.

The brown line respresent lumber track, the lumber from Chester Valley to Paper mill at Cranbook.
The red lines respresent grain track, the grains from many farmlands such as one at Centenary, another one near Riverside and another one not so far from Castlecrag. The grain track from Centenary to Murray River could be longest and expensive track.
The black line respresent coal track. The only coal mine in this scenario is right on the middle of the map, near Castlecrag. The Coal track merge with grain track at Eagle Junction to Food Proccessing Plant and Power Station at Northampton.

However, I'll add many more lines on east side of river such as iron ore, wineries and vineyards but east side of river will be more flat and small hills compared to mountainous west side of the river.
Attachments
map.png
map.png (199.05 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
BRISBANE
new world city

rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

i would make several, long mineral routes to let us have those long trains we love soo much :wink:
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

Yeah, you can make many different tracks. I played with this map last night, as for trials to see if it worked and enjoyable map. Well, I believe that you can enjoy this map. I earned up to $18 million company monthly profit (with max loan!) in two or three months. The mod included in this scenario is that so far from what I remember, I included BR Trains, SQ Flats, Boundary Marker and probably that all.

EDIT: I completed the map few nights ago, the scenario have two regional airports and two major international airport. The largest airport is with two runways and is located not far from Seven Hills and Barholm area, and it is right between two mountains - two ski resort hubs, Mt. Hotham and Mt. Napean. The second major airport is at far south, bayside - at Forsyth area.

I encourage you to make those towns grow big, it doesn't matter because I placed boundary markers around almost all towns and I didn't activate those towers so, the towns will only rely on low-rise flats made by SQ and houses to grow. By the way, towns look very good when they grow because they grow along the valleys and hills from the town centre.
BRISBANE
new world city

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”