Locomotion Savegames (No off-topic posting)

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Severous
Director
Director

Post by Severous »

Airlib

I downloaded your Oil Oasis map. No mods as you say..so worked fine on my PC. I see you completed the original challenge and have played on. Typically though the AI railroads are becoming dominant. Starting to get busy in some places. Wilth so many oil, coal and iron resources around the AI rails will do well over time.

As for your game...you asked for feedback so here is some. You have connecting routes and they seem to work well on the signal side of things..well done. But you often have 2 or 3 routes joining together and its there where you get many opportunities for hold ups. Severe in some places as trains have to stop on a hill then pull away loaded. You hadnt applied the double station or ro-ro techniques..combined these will serve you well on Oil wells that have the potential to produce 3000pm.

Nearly missed your underground Goods station in Sikenebed. See you have a slope in a tunnel but not really necessary given the slow speed of Pacifics and Goods wagons available.

Heres the Oil Oasis game from above. Ive played your game on for 3 or 4 months of game time but with a lot of pause. Ive gutted all but one of the towns..ripped out all the roads that Im allowed to touch. Demolished most the buildings so several AI routes will go bust. Your ring road is there still but your low reliability buses are removed without replacement. Rails: Made a few improvements and added a couple of lines and an Oil tanker. Stats graph show cargo volumes are rising rapidy. A common thing I did was separate lines and remove bottlenecks. Made the trains longer in most cases.

Sikenebed is where I did most..thats now a four station double complex collecting oil from both wells. Lorries pick up and drop loads to maintain ratings and move oil between stations in case one has a waiting train. Should out compete the purple AI thats there..nice to see its many oil trains backed up waiting for oil. Could add more locos to that set up and if Oil production rises it would need more tracks and/or ro-ro set up to cope.

Theres loads more that can be done..if anyone wants to have a go. First thing though...remove and replace two locos that I just crashed..accidentally. At least they were empty. 60mph Diesel is now available..but as its in is first 2 years since designed its lower than normal in reliability.
Attachments
Oil Oasis_2.zip
No Mods needed.
(721.46 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
Last edited by Severous on 26 Aug 2005 06:45, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
Stormscape
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Stormscape »

Here's an update to my map. I've added 3 dedicated High Speed Rail lines. 1 of them averages speeds of almost 180 km/h. Uses Electrastar.
It's now in about 2002 and most trains have been replaced. I also figured out a way to get rid of EMU Triple headers that alternately break down:
park them on a unused siding, remove track, re-add it then tell it to move. In most cases it will instead be removed from tracks and you can sell it.
It uses Steve's airport mod.
Attachments
Winklebury Height.rar
(387.81 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
eh wot?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Severous wrote:Moderators?:..Mods in the saved game to be listed in the above post ?...then delete my post perhaps to remove this o/t post?
Good idea - I don't play Lomo, but in the TTD section, we all post our graphics config files, and our patch config files so that other people don't have problems playing our savegames.

I agree with you here - please post mods in use in a savegame :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Stormscape
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

ANOTHER update! :o

Post by Stormscape »

Ok. It's now 2025 or so and there's several MagLev lines. I used the Wrapper to make the Locos have obscenely highly reliability. Mods used:
Steve's Airport Mod
Locomotion NL Pack (the Maglevs)
Land Speed Record: ~275km/h
Air Speed Record: ~876km/h
Attachments
Winklebury Height.rar
(425.72 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
eh wot?
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Anyone want to tell me what's wrong here? Apart from Locomotion being its usual annoying self?

This is Aerophobia, tweaked to let me use mods, so you're going to need a lot of them (Voyager, NL pack, scrat's other vehicles, 315, big airports, light rail vehicles, Wiima bus, pretty much everything UK related)

If anything, you can watch a prime example of 'trains ignoring their waypoints and going where they shouldn't'.

Edit by Raichase: Removed swear word
Attachments
Aerophobia MODS!.rar
Ho hum.
(469.87 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Stormscape
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Stormscape »

metal: I get ignored waypoints A LOT too. might be a problem with Locomotion's pathfinding system.only real way to prevent express trains (this is just an example) from going the wrong way is to have express trains electric, local passenger 3rd rail and freight diesel. that makes sure passenger trains can't go the wrong way.
eh wot?
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

The only time ive had trains not go on there selected waypoints, was when I added a new turn off befor the next waypoint, thus, if there was a red signal, the train would go into my new turn off.
--==Out Of Order==--
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

I never have problems with waypoints.
After a junction you have to put oneway signals.
Put the waypoint within 6 tiles from the junction.
When you build extra trains be sure that the first waypoint to pass is showed in the scedule first, otherwise the train keeps looking for a waypoint that it will never reach.
So look at the arrow in the scedule.
Never add a new side track without to put extra waypoints on that junction.
Hope this helps. :wink:
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Taking Chevyrider's advice, I've had considerably less trouble with lost trains (although the problem's not completely gone) so here's a new game of my Aerophobia MODS scenario... it features express and local/freight tracks, a electric mainline and diesel rural line, a cool narrow-gauge city transit line, and a a really, really busy junction.

Mods needed: NL Pack, Scrat's 'JKE' Vehicles, Voyager, Wiima Bus, Pikka's 42 and Mk2s, Class 315, Turbostar, Light Rail Trolleys, Steve's Earth Slopes... I think that's it (basically everything you can lay your hands on in the mods forum!)
Attachments
Aerophobia MODS! 1990.rar
Wheee!
(509.26 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

Stormscape wrote:Fix my network... please.
When you load up the game. You'll meet a rather notorious train. The dread Triple EMU that didn't get replaced in time. you know the type. All 3 are 1% reliability and alternately breakdown. so I put him on a siding that will never be used. The bugger. Now if you can get that network to be more efficient without knocking half of those cities down, you win a planet sized cookie.
i fixed up that dregged EMU, i just deleted the track under it, and it whent BOOM... so it was easy to fix.. hehe... yes its been awhile.
--==Out Of Order==--
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Flat Lands 2:
Right, and here i thought this would be my best railway... No Chance!
Can some one have a go at 'Repairing' it.
Theres a few advantages and many disadvantages with it.
Most stations have a turn off for stopping loco's, so that fast trains can speed straight through passing the slow trains.
Junctions work, but slow things down.
The Tracks arnt big enough to handle many trains.
The Trams have a perfect running route, and bring in, Just enough cash.
Many Train stations have hardly any cargo.

When you open my game, it should be in pause. if not, pause it IMMIDIATLY!
The reason for this is because you can then see in your own time how the railway isnt big enough to hold the number of trains. also the track that goes off to the top left, you can see an APT passing a slower, mail train.
The NL koopler has now slown down the ICE train, which will cause problems.

This is ganna be a challenge for anyone willing to accept it!
If you make it running efficient, can you rename it to 'Flat Lands 3' and post it back? :D
Cheers, and have a good time with it :wink:
Attachments
Flat Lands2.SV5
Remember to pause the game immediatly after it starts, and have a look around.
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 645 times
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

geo.. can u pass over your track.dat file over, so i can see if i can do anything about it.
--==Out Of Order==--
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

erm, where is it? :?
I cant find a 'track.dat' file but i can see:
trackng.dat
trackrc.dat
trackst.dat
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

trackst.dat
--==Out Of Order==--
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

ok, here it is.
Attachments
Trackst an Flat lands2.zip
Both files are in this ZIP folder
(464.24 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
FGV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FGV »

Here is my map:
Attachments
Genial guardado.rar
It needs steam trams and CE 2\2, and CM 2\2 (diesel) and CE 2\2 trailers
(106.04 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
Please use the search option!! ;-)
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

Severous: im really enjoying your oil oasis savegame, trying to dseliver all the goods that are produced on the map is creating a huge challenge, and i made surte i milked your entrapped metropolis (i built a ring road tram line on the one-way road surrounding the city :-P

Was wondering what the trucks were for...

They used to move cargo from plat form to platform or just to increase demand (and also why don't you just use a single large station rather than using different stations on eash platform.
There is no ?
Severous
Director
Director

Post by Severous »

Hello jules

Glad you like it but dont forget it was Airlib's game and he did a lot of the hard initial work.

Trucks in depots:
- they shuttle back and forth. This helps ratings.
- important if your stations have infrequent visits from big trains or ships. Ensures rating remains high so lots of cargo ready for when train returns.
- also important when competitng againt the AI. Only the 4 stations with highest station rating will recieve the cargo an industry is producing.
- Brand new lorries will achieve 98-100% station ratings provided the older trains do not wait for full load (their old age will reduce ratings to 83% or less.)

The lorries other use is to move a little cargo between station if trains are waiting. They should be if train is new. Effectively the lorry brings cargo to the waiting train. This is a minor beneift though.

As for using one large station or multiple smaller ones:
- 1 Station has 80 piece limit. 4 stations have 320 piece limit.
- Two (or more) stations at an industry will gain up to 100% of the output. One staion alone might recieve 83%-87% even though the station rating was 100%
- Top 4 stations recieve cargo from an industry. If I have 4 good stations the AI can never break in...or I can force an old established AI out of business.

Did you keep all the other towns under control?
Regards
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

Severous wrote:Hello jules

Glad you like it but dont forget it was Airlib's game and he did a lot of the hard initial work.
...Oh yea. only started reading this topic form the top of the page do did not realise.

I also didnt realise about the trucks and top 4 only receive vcargo (too much openttd playing for me). very interesting and will bear that in mind for the future

The AIs didnt put any passenger services in other towns but even more suprising was that none of them decided to transport cargo as i was (was struggling to get over 4000 crates of goods per month into the one big city at the same time)

i only just started to expand one of the other cities shortly before i stopped playing that day.

Thanks for your detailed reply :D

Jules
There is no ?
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Severous wrote:Top 4 stations recieve cargo from an industry. If I have 4 good stations the AI can never break in...or I can force an old established AI out of business.
This is new for me.
Will give it a try sometime. :wink:
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”