(REL)Los Angeles to Las Vegas - 2 versions

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Steve-O
Engineer
Engineer

(REL)Los Angeles to Las Vegas - 2 versions

Post by Steve-O »

Hello all,

With Plastikman's release today I can finally release this little gem. As usual I have made 2 versions. One with mods and one without.

Start Date:1975 - Medium Difficulty - Deliver 1,000,000 passengers (no time limit and no use of aircraft)

Your goal is to transport 1,000,000 passengers without the use of airports. Airports have been deactivated for this scenario. From the oil fields of Bakersfield to the sunny beaches of San Diego, from the sparkling lights of Las Vegas to the urban metropolis of Los Angeles this scenario has many different options to achieve the goal. Questions or comments can be posted in the forum area..I'm always open to criticism..good or bad.

You Need these Mods if you download the MOD version.
Please note this scenario is included in Plastikman's US PACK, however I rushed it slightly and the industries open and shut down in that version, this version the industries will not shut down if you prefer that.

US Pack and the Amtrak pack by Plastikman
http://www.amitrains.alpha-star.co.uk/

Special thx Plastikman.
Also ty to ampz for his mapgen program!

Enjoy!

Steve-O
Attachments
LA to Vegas.rar
Version with no MODS
(237.32 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
Map
Map
LA-Veg_map.jpg (82.27 KiB) Viewed 6923 times
LA to Vegas (MODS).rar
Version with MODS
(239.07 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Last edited by Steve-O on 25 Feb 2006 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
Steve-O
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steve-O »

A little more eye candy
Attachments
San Diego & Tijuana
San Diego & Tijuana
San_Diego.jpg (205.44 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
LA Area
LA Area
LAX.jpg (223.67 KiB) Viewed 6921 times
Geert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Geert »

A lovely map I see, I like the city Los Angeles. I've never been there before but I think it looks awsome. But what is exactly the difference between the one with and the one without mods?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

The one without mods have no mods, the other one have mods :roll:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Steve-O
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steve-O »

Basically the one with no mods you can play without downloading anything, but the one with mods you have to download a couple packets so you get some more trains like amtrak, boxcars, cargo engines, etc. MODS are very easy to install...you just take the contents and put them in C/Program Files/Atari/Locomotion/ObjDat
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (REL)Los Angeles to Las Vegas - 2 versions

Post by Plastikman »

Steve-O wrote: US Pack and the Amtrak pack by Plastikman
http://67.167.34.128/lomo/USpackVer1.0.rar
lol that link points to the beta pack... i just removed it. You can get the release version from AMI's site. http://www.amitrains.alpha-star.co.uk/
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

Great scenario.

However, I noticed that you used all of Plastikman's locomotives. Now, I love all of them as much as the next guy, but would you really see a Reading or Western Virginia and Ohio locomotive in the Mohave Desert?

Looks like a really cool scenario!
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Steve-O
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steve-O »

However, I noticed that you used all of Plastikman's locomotives. Now, I love all of them as much as the next guy, but would you really see a Reading or Western Virginia and Ohio locomotive in the Mohave Desert?
I agree 100%...originally only locos in Southern California where to be used, but Plastikman wanted to include all the trains in his set so he could zip it up with his US set so people would have a map to showcase all his trains. I'm playing the scenario right now and all I'm using is UP, SP, BN, SF, and BNSF. But I agree!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

train-a-mania wrote:Great scenario.

Looks like a really cool scenario!
i agree also, lol dont buy the wrong ones. but then again use your imagination and think hey, maybe the UP bought out the V&O and has not yet repainted the engines? (the V&O totaly fictional BTW it does not exist).

one real problem was, there were holes in years where the were no engines of the correct liveries. as we get more packs out, this sort of problem should go away. i think that pack only had 2 UP locos? thats one reason i like living in the midwest, i see east coast, west coast and canadian trains everyday
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

I see.

Actually, if you include the UP slug, there are three UP engines.

I would like to see some more slugs of different types and railways.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

train-a-mania wrote:I see.

Actually, if you include the UP slug, there are three UP engines.

I would like to see some more slugs of different types and railways.
lol, that is actually a typo, it is a "B" unit not a slug, that is already fixed in ver 1.1 .

not a lot of rail roads used B-unit hood diesels . i do have a couple i can release but those are not a big priority. to bad those are not coded into the game, since those have no driving cabs. sorry to stray off topic but i wanted to point out my own mistake :P

ill try and get more UP, BN and SP stuff out soon.
nettony
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nettony »

I have finish yet :P :P
Attachments
USA(L1).jpg
USA(L1).jpg (211.08 KiB) Viewed 6224 times
USA(L).jpg
USA(L).jpg (209.31 KiB) Viewed 6228 times
Steve-O
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steve-O »

wow..good job nettony. It took me 35 years to beat it LOL. I love that map actually. Might make a cargo scanerio with it soon.
ZakWinnick
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZakWinnick »

This scn is awesome!

Thank you for this! I love the fact that Henderson is included in there too! (I live there) 8)
Steve-O
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steve-O »

you are most welcome Zak! Always happy to hear someone has enjoyed playing one of my scenarios!

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”