SuperSizing maps

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ampz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ampz »

Bottom line is that Atari will not come after you unless you do something which encourages piracy (like making a complete copy of the game available for download).
They will not care if you make modifications and additions to the game.
While distribution of a modified .exe file is a copyright violation, Atari will probably leave you alone as long as the distributed file still require a real Locomotion CD to play. However if you want to play it really safe, then you can distribute your modification as a patch program which modifies the existing exe file. That way you would not be distributing any copyrighted material. This should be perfectly legal in most countries. (Except perhaps the United States)
Costas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Costas »

I bet there is somewhere a guy moding / patching loco this very moment but does not want to say it so noone knows his identity and hunt him down, and one day he is gonna say: hey look what i found someone made a mod lets get it!
kazimierz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kazimierz »

So stop the discussion and start modding..

If this personal-use-and-risk-mod is created and uploaded from one of non-EULA regions, I bet the communnity will rush to get it!

I still don't understand that people in such a small gameing comunity are discussing issues on breaking the EULA, while other cracking groups are distributing cracks of the major games on a massive scale!

Guess ATARI would have more problems with those guys!
=One death is a tragedy , a million deaths is a statistic==

Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

mmh another thread of these countless topics about editing the exe..

can´t we sticky a thread about what we can do and what we CAN´t DO??????

every 2 weeks the same thing. every 2 weeks the same tip to the search-button. every 2 weeks the same NO. the same "you can´t edit the exe"...!
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

The next guy who is asking this should be banned...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

kazimierz wrote:So stop the discussion and start modding..

If this personal-use-and-risk-mod is created and uploaded from one of non-EULA regions, I bet the communnity will rush to get it!

I still don't understand that people in such a small gameing comunity are discussing issues on breaking the EULA, while other cracking groups are distributing cracks of the major games on a massive scale!

Guess ATARI would have more problems with those guys!
The difference being, this is not a cracking group...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

You have got to be kidding me...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... a=N&tab=nw

Unofficial Patches are well excepted in the gaming world unless it is for sexually explicit or illegal purposes.
d) The laws in most countries are changed in a way that it's getting harder to create fan made patches for games.
And that is not true at all, if anything they're just getting harder for those want to "crack" the exe for no-cd and copying purposes, not for gameplay issues.
DavidM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DavidM »

I think instead of banning discussion, it should be allowed on a "you do it and face the consequences - we won't support you" basis.

David
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

it´s not about banning a discussion..

for this problem (exe, bigger maps etc) there are more threads than you can count on both hands.. so the only problem is, that every 2 weeks someone is asking the same thing. again and again. :roll: maybe thats only my problem..

anyway.. atari should allow this changing of the exe only if copyprotection is still alive after that :D and again there´s the question.. many users want to change things in the EXE. but does anyone know how to do that? we can discuss the legality-problem for years. but i doubt that there will be a patch made by users.
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

tydev417 wrote:

Unofficial Patches are well excepted in the gaming world unless it is for sexually explicit or illegal purposes.
d) The laws in most countries are changed in a way that it's getting harder to create fan made patches for games.
And that is not true at all, if anything they're just getting harder for those want to "crack" the exe for no-cd and copying purposes, not for gameplay issues.
Just stop with this crap, its illegal. No discussion.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Illegal_Alien wrote:
tydev417 wrote:

Just stop with this crap, its illegal. No discussion.
lets just lock all topics that are on this subject. Maybe we should have an answering machine for any topic on this subject that tells the user to search on it and then locks the thread.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

I want people to remind to the forum rules, like writeing in big letters ... please stop that.

I never said something about banning, and point out in my post you should not start a new topic and use the search function.

Neither did I write in my post it is totally impossible. If you have other thoughts about my points, it is ok. You didn't prove that my statements are wrong.

PS: Anyway I am not a global moderator however I did get some very positive feedback about my post as A LOT people are annoyed about these repeat topics.

-edit-

And now please let this topic die peacefully ... EOT
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Thrillville109
Engineer
Engineer

Re:

Post by Thrillville109 »

Karl Townsend wrote: THAT BASTERD ATARI ILL KILL EM FOR MAKING THAT LICENSE AGREEMENT
*b******. Enunciate next time.
I'd be making Locomotion Expanded if I didn't despise using WALLY.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: SuperSizing maps

Post by Greyfox »

Why "bump" a topic that"s 8 eight years old? I'm not trying to be a moderator, but digging up old topics is frowned upon here.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.

Post by Chrill »

This topic died years ago. No need to bring it back up.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Eight years this topic lay dead, eight, and Thrillville109 digs up a post from Dec 2005 to correct the spelling of a swear word?
Any more ridiculous topic digs for no reason whatsoever will get a lovely forum warning.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”