Highways & Biways

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Quickshot14
Engineer
Engineer

Highways & Biways

Post by Quickshot14 »

Hello all i've created a new scenrio based on the types I liked to make when I played TTD. Thanks the the way things are now it should make things work a little better. I may release updated or diffrent versions but go ahead and take a look have fun and edit it if you like, i've included the landscape so have nuts.

Basicly it's a moutains/flat/waterish region. There are two large 'interstate' like highways (Done using one way roads) and one long 'state' like highway. A long road that connects to many cities/towns.

As I said check it out have fun with it and feel free to modify it to your likeing :) ( I could not upload the file as an attachment so I have a direct link here to dl it: Download )
Slace
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Slace »

I was planning on making some highways with 1 way roads in my games

lets see how they look first ;)
Quickshot14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quickshot14 »

If you downloaded it before 2 hours ago please download it again I had to fix a few minor issues with some of the exits of the highway it should be all fixed now :) Sorry about that.
Quickshot14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quickshot14 »

Updated the scenrio and landscape again. Some more minor fixes to the highways, also I have re-done the intersection where the two highways meet, it's in a cloeverleaf like layout now and will work much better then the old one.

Also I have added 2 more forests and I have added more trees and lower the land a bit in the upper right crn of the map (the big snow mountain there is no longer that large and is a little flater* as always have fun with it and edit it to your likeing :) And feedback or bugs/problems with the highways is appreicated thanks :)
Johns_Volition
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Johns_Volition »

Oh man,you sure put a lot of work into that.... feedback: the Suspension bride, which leads into nothing in the east kind of stops midair
-
whatever

"The universe would disappear in a puff of logic!"
-Patchman MMIV A.D.
Slace
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Slace »

yeah i didn't like the bridge to nothing, I saw what the idea was aiming for, but it didn't really work (I'm guessing it implying there's stuff past the edge of the map)

Apart from that the scenario looks good. Haven't played it, just looked around it, its nicely layed out and the highway's looked nice :)
Quickshot14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quickshot14 »

Hey sorry it's taken me so long to replay between playing loco and sims 2 *heh* my time seems to get shot. :) Thank you for the kind feedback john and alace and let me address some of your questions/concerns about the highway that kinda hangs in mid-air.

First I put it that high so it wouldn't get in the way of ship travel and your right the idea is it goes on to the next map as you notice both ends of each highway does this gives the impersion there interstate like highways.

The reason a peice is missing from one direction was in order to get that direction of the one way road to be built I had to raise the land to that highet as I was supprised to not find a way of auto-setting the level *anyone who played rct2 knows what I'm talking about you held a certian key and you can set what you were placing at a certian level*

And unfourntly to lower that large collumn of land I added well I had to take it down and so theres a blank spot. I hope that helps makes a little more sense :) As for playing the scenrio I have a slightly modifed version (only 1 competator comes after 24 months and is completly rnd in his personality) still giving me quite a challange as I havn't finshed it yet *heh* When I do you can expect a highways & biways 2 with a new map and more highways :)

Again glad you enjoyed it and if anyone wishs to post this scenrio on there site for download please go right ahead just give credit is all I ask and as always please give feedback it's always appricated, thanks. :)
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

Eer can we have a screenie please :-)
There is no ?
shYheim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shYheim »

some screenies of the scenario for those who were wondering.
Attachments
Screenshot5.png
Screenshot5.png (391.55 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Screenshot4.png
Screenshot4.png (185.81 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
Screenshot3.png
Screenshot3.png (321.54 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
looking for people to host games of locomotion so we can play, pm me if your interested :)
Quickshot14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quickshot14 »

Thanks for posting thoese screens for me shyheim I appricate it :) (as I can not since attcments don't seem to like me too much :) )
shYheim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shYheim »

Quickshot14 wrote:Thanks for posting thoese screens for me shyheim I appricate it :) (as I can not since attcments don't seem to like me too much :) )
not a problem, glad i could help, its a pretty decent scenario
looking for people to host games of locomotion so we can play, pm me if your interested :)
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

shYheim: Thanks for the screenies

Quickshot14: Looks good will give it a try when i finish wacking things in neverwinter nights with my =10 Greatsord of Mass Mayhem :-D
There is no ?
Petaja
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Petaja »

Yes, it looks nice, but busses don't get it. They lost to different cities, it's simply not working, eaven if it looks cool :(
Quickshot14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quickshot14 »

Hey petaja, thnx for the feedback and your right busses are rather dumb it was one of the big reasons in TTD why my highways and such didn't work well. But in locomotion we have 2 wondefull things, first one way roads, these highways are one way roads *except for the through-fares there not* and secondly waypoints! Waypoints are a must and when used with the highways it's very impressive, give it a try and see what happens :)

Glad everyone is enjoying it, and as before all feedback is welcome :)
Petaja
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Petaja »

Oh yes, You are right!

I couldn't eaven imagine it before you say that. Now I see I was wrong and I'm glad to be wrong in this case :)

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”