Station problem

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

msilhanek
Engineer
Engineer

Station problem

Post by msilhanek »

Hello,
I've been searching through this forum but it seems I can't find what I'm looking for (I'm sorry if there is a solution for me in another topic but I really can't find it). I'm a locomotion beginner and I like this game. I've been trying to make multiple platform stations (4 platforms), but I still got troubles when 4 trains come into a station. Signals let in only 2 trains. I really don't know how to fix it. Could someone help me? Thank you in advance. Screenshots attached.
Attachments
station1.jpg
(393.4 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
station2.jpg
(386.43 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Re: Station problem

Post by Lighthouse »

At the entrance of your station you have placed 2 types of signals. only one is needed, the double one(2 directions).
At the end of your station you have to place only the single signals (1 direction).
See also :
http://www.amitrains.co.uk/tutorial/index.htm

The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
msilhanek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by msilhanek »

Thank you, great link!

Could you help me with another trouble? I've started a new map, created an one way railroad (no signals at all, just for a single train). Later I wanted to rework it for a two way track but signals don't work... Got two way signals at the station entrance, one way at the exit but trains are still turning around because the 2nd signal after the station exit doesn't want to let the train pass. I don't know why, I've done it exactly like on the picture one post higher. Thanks!
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

msilhanek wrote:Thank you, great link!

Could you help me with another trouble? I've started a new map, created an one way railroad (no signals at all, just for a single train). Later I wanted to rework it for a two way track but signals don't work... Got two way signals at the station entrance, one way at the exit but trains are still turning around because the 2nd signal after the station exit doesn't want to let the train pass. I don't know why, I've done it exactly like on the picture one post higher. Thanks!
Question first are you using two separate tracks for segregation or one track diverging into a station with a throat entrance?

If you are using one station with two way signals either end of it, then trains will turn around when they reach the signal before the section where the other train is

To do a passing place/double platform you need to have the single track split into the two lines and place single directional signals either end of the line so effectively you have single track - split - double track with the signal on either line indicating which line is for which direction- then platform - then down to the signals controlling the exit from the station back to single track where the two running lines re converge.

If you do that then the single line between each station is controlled by the exit signal at the passing loop thus making a train wait for the other train in that section to reach the station, it also prevents that train from passing the entrance signal at the other end of the station loop backwards as that signal will not be in it's direction of travel, it will be against the direction the train wishes to travel in
Attachments
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (37.81 KiB) Viewed 14639 times
levi010
Engineer
Engineer

Post by levi010 »

Hello.
someone could help me in how new stations, beacons put into the game ? not at all because I did not want to go.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”