Downloading Locomotion things

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Down By The River
Engineer
Engineer

Downloading Locomotion things

Post by Down By The River »

Hey all! I am sort of new to Chris Sawyer's Locomotion (ive played a few games and am surprisingly good at clifftop climb) and I was wondering how to download/install mods or patches or game enhancer thingy's. Any help would be great!
"Wake me when you need me." - Master Chief
Drengin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Downloading Locomotion things

Post by Drengin »

Depending on the format of the mod you are downloading you need only move the file contents to your /Atari/Locomotion/Objdata folder.

Certain mods will require you to change the xml of certain files. Details on this are included in the mods you download. Modding the xml files sounds difficult but it really isn't.

See This thread for Locotool which you will require to mod the xml files. Simply drag the corresponding .dat file onto the locotool shortcut and it will be separated into its component files. Open the xml with a word program such as Notepad++ and save the changes you make. Then drag the xml file back onto the locotool shortcut and it will make a new .dat for you to place back into the Objdata folder.

If you get stuck with any mods just shout and we will help.

Most mods that you download will need to be selected in the Scenario Editor in the game.

There is also the Long Station Patch which allows you to build longer stations and this is activated by ALT-Tabbing out of the game once started and running the file.

Drengin
Down By The River
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Down By The River »

Ok so I just downloaded a new map (the serpant) into my ObjData folder. When I start the game and try to load it up, it says some sort of ID thing is missing and it wont load. Also, can I get the serpant to be un completed or do i have to play it when it is complete?
Last edited by Down By The River on 23 Oct 2011 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
"Wake me when you need me." - Master Chief
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Welcome to the forums !

I don't know if you are a beginner with locomotion. Congratulations, by choosing the Serpent you chose the first prize :mrgreen: . It's without a doubt the most hard scenario on the forums in my opinion. Not only to play it, but to install it as well :wink: You must read the Readme and topic very carefully as you are not the first person here who's got trouble to get the Serpent to work well in the game...
Down By The River wrote:Ok so I just downloaded a new map (the serpant) into my ObjData folder
New scenarios must not be installed in your ObjData Folder. They must be installed either in the Scenarios (for direct playing), or in the Landscape Folder (if you want to work on it in the scenario-editor)...Just to let you know :wink:

BTW, did you downloaded the Serpent from this topic: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... he+Serpent (this one is with the installer), or from this topic: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=53850 (which is the saved game version).

If you downloaded the first one, did you use the installer that came with the download for the Serpent ? If you did, then the Serpent will be installed in your scenarios folder. So if you want to use it as a landscape, you must open the editor. Then choose to load a landscape and then look for it in your scenarios folder, not your landscape folder. The Serpent also need a whole bunch of trains if it will work. You can use Locossa (Can be found on the German Locomotion forums) to check what DAT.files you are missing to play the serpent. Otherwise use the search-function of the topic to look for other information on the Serpent...

Good Luck,

Regards,

Erik
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

Down By The River wrote:Ok so I just downloaded a new map (the serpant) into my ObjData folder. When I start the game and try to load it up, it says some sort of ID thing is missing and it wont load. Also, can I get the serpant to be un completed or do i have to play it when it is complete?

The Serpent is probably the most advanced scenario you can play ( trust me i've done a few landscape's)

www.amitrains.co.uk

There you will find the landscape items and some mod's by Plastikman you may wish to use

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”