Do you always lose cargos on stations ?

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Do you always lose cargos on stations ?

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hey there, I don't know if this is said before in other topics, but I have a small tip wich will prevent a large loss of cargo on stations and a nice cargo rate as well. It's a form off cheating, but not against the rules :lol:

Here's an example for oil, rolled steel and rubber wich must be delivered at the Tire-Factory to produce the tires needed for the Car-Plant:
Example 1.PNG
(190.8 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
In this example I transport rolled steel and aluminium from one platform to another. Via this way the cargos get picked up and delivered on both platforms, so the game thinks that it's being transported. Look at the cargo ratings...
Example 2.PNG
(200.89 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
The same goes with the rubber here. Rubber is picked up and delivered at both platforms so the rate goes up. In this case as far as 100%.

I don't know if this is usefull when you use short trains. But if you use long trains for transport, where different cargos must be picked up (as you can see the trains in the screenshots use different cargos) at different stations it will sometimes takes very long before a train comes to either one of the stations. When nothing is picked up, the stocks will vanish and when finally a trains arrives the rate must be build up to 100% again before it finally starts to load again.

With both cargo-rates a lot higher trains will need a much shorter time to load and the needed cargos are faster at there final destination...

Hopefully this is usefull...
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Do you always lose cargos on stations ?

Post by Nawdic »

Ideally, you just need the one station that is producing all of the cargos that you are looking to produce, therefore, less waiting time at the station, as trains are going through.

Or

Add more trains and more platforms! :mrgreen:
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Do you always lose cargos on stations ?

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Yeah but adding more trains gets complicated, I don't know if you have played the Sherman Hill scenario. If you did you know what I mean. You can only use a few routes as mountains are in the middle of the map wich you can't pass just by bumping through them...

Already have 50 long trains up and driving over that pass...that's why it's taking long before they are back. But this is also nice if you are in a normal scenario, but mostly effective if you use long trains that are quite some time underway :P

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”