Steel mill not producing steel

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ScottVal
Engineer
Engineer

Steel mill not producing steel

Post by ScottVal »

Hello-
I am shipping iron and coal to a steel mill, but it is not producing steel. I put a cargo terminal right next to the steel mill, and I'm shipping iron and coal to it in trucks. I can see that the cargo terminal is accepting the iron and coal, but the steel mill is still not producing anything. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Scott
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Steel mill not producing steel

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Welcome to the forums !

Is it the original DAT file of the steelmill ? Have you downloaded this file, or did you changed anything to the file itself, in the XML. ? Then I can take a look at it for you...
ScottVal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ScottVal »

Thanks for your reply. I'm a beginner at the game and I haven't worked with DAT files yet. I'm just playing the basic "Boulder Breakers" scenario.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Ok that's the one scenario we all started with :lol:. Can you please post a screenshot of the situation then I can see what's happening, and maybe advice you about what to do...

Otherwise there are a lot of members here that know how to help you. But it gets a little easyer if I can see what's going on then read about it...

Do you know how to post screenshots ? When you want to aswer in a topic just look at the bottom and you can add screenshots of your game. But mind that you cant place screenshots from the game directly, because when you make a screenshot of the game it is a BMP.file. You can't place BMP.files on the forum, only PNG.files so mind on that....

Good luck and I'll wait for your screens...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

How are you moving out the steel? (And post the orders of all of your in and outcomming trucks/trains/something.)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

you might not have enough inputs to see returns, if the mill receives only coal one month and only iron the next it wonk make anything
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

ScottVal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ScottVal »

OK, I let a few months go by and I did notice some steel appear at the terminal (7 tons). I went ahead and built another truck to pick up the steel, but by the time I put the truck on the road and sent it on its way to the terminal, the cargo was gone! I guess I acted too slow, and the cargo disappeared. I guess the management of the steel company was upset that no one was there to pick up the steel, and took it away?

My truck was just sitting there, and seemed to be jamming things up for the other trucks, which wanted to deliver coal or iron ore. So I built another terminal near the other one, with a section of road to it. I picked up my steel truck and put it back down so it would go to the new terminal. Now things weren't all jammed up.

However, my steel truck has been sitting there for about a year, empty, no steel. The other trucks keep delivering coal and iron, but no steel appears for delivery.

Is there any way for me to tell the steel mill, "Hey, I got a truck here to pick up steel. Feel free to go ahead and load some steel on the truck!!"??
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

ScottVal wrote:OK, I let a few months go by and I did notice some steel appear at the terminal (7 tons). I went ahead and built another truck to pick up the steel, but by the time I put the truck on the road and sent it on its way to the terminal, the cargo was gone! I guess I acted too slow, and the cargo disappeared. I guess the management of the steel company was upset that no one was there to pick up the steel, and took it away?

My truck was just sitting there, and seemed to be jamming things up for the other trucks, which wanted to deliver coal or iron ore. So I built another terminal near the other one, with a section of road to it. I picked up my steel truck and put it back down so it would go to the new terminal. Now things weren't all jammed up.

However, my steel truck has been sitting there for about a year, empty, no steel. The other trucks keep delivering coal and iron, but no steel appears for delivery.

Is there any way for me to tell the steel mill, "Hey, I got a truck here to pick up steel. Feel free to go ahead and load some steel on the truck!!"??
I would check that the station accepts steel so when you click on the station name it will bring up small box that says the name of the station. In that you can see the catchment area of the station, so check that it is within 4 tiles of the steel works itself anyway.
Also check what it does i.e. Does it accept iron ore and coal to produce steel, etc?
Dragoncaker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dragoncaker »

basically what i've learned through trial and error is that if you send a vehicle to pick up the steel and just let it stay there until it's full, then steel should eventually come to the specific port/station.
Pakuska
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pakuska »

I made an account just to reply to this. <_< It may be an old topic but maybe someone can figure this out. XD I got the exact same problem! I bought it from gog, started playing it, got busy and then saw that eventho the coal and ore are being delivered at the steel mill, it doesnt produce any steel.

I got four trucks and they all have a seperate route, Truck A picks up coal and bring it to the mill, truck B, picks up iron ore and brings it to the mill, Truck C picks up the steel and brings it to the factory, Truck D picks up the good and goes... god knows where. Ive never reached that stage. Its bothering me because Its obviously not working as its intented. And I dont know if im doing something wrong or not. :( Can anyone quickly see if the mill works in their own game? O.O
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

rdrdrdrd wrote:you might not have enough inputs to see returns, if the mill receives only coal one month and only iron the next it wonk make anything
Did you checked this ^^ ?
In the same month both coal and iron ore have to arrive at the steelplant. Only then it can produce steel.
Make also sure that the truck who has to pick up the steel is also ready waiting for a load.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Pakuska wrote:Can anyone quickly see if the mill works in their own game?
Yes, I've looked. My steel mill works fine. :lol:

OK, I think you have more than just deliver a truck each. Try it once with complete trains. :wink:
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

The amount of steel produced is also limited to the ingredient of which less was delivered.
Pakuska
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pakuska »

Thanks for responding everyone~~ Cleared a bit up! I was indeed seeing how much was coming in, and it was usually 5 ton of coal AND iron ore per month, that made nothing. =(

I was indeed thinking it was the amount of coal and iron it got. perhaps it has a ratio of 10 coal and 10 iron ore to make one steel? and I just wasnt supplying it with enough resources. But trains are so expensive tho. xD This is beginner but I keep going bankrupt. Im just that rusty I Guess. :P I need to stick with passengers till I get enough money for the trains.. or I need to hire more trucks... Silly factory.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”