Dont understand signals!

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Wocu
Engineer
Engineer

Dont understand signals!

Post by Wocu »

Yes, thats true, I totally dont understand the signals. I've read manual, but my trains are still making some freaky maneuveurs up the singnals.
Just explain basics of signals, please.
kingmush360
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Dont understand signals!

Post by kingmush360 »

Copy the AI and then you'll know!

Kind of easy to find, but hard to explain without pictures.
Hi, I'm Steve. I can't change my username so imagine it says Steve Emfore.
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wocu »

wow, thats awesome, I'm becoming get it.

One more question.

Is that possible to stop turning back the trains when they are waiting to the signal pretty long. That's total demoliton on the long trips.
pullin4u
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pullin4u »

Wocu wrote:
Is that possible to stop turning back the trains when they are waiting to the signal pretty long. That's total demoliton on the long trips.
If all of your trains are on a dedicated line and are the same length, simply place another signal (this works with one-way types) in the square behind the train when it is stopped at the signal ahead...this will keep it from reversing direction and it will sit in one place until the block ahead clears. If you are using bi-directional signals I don't think the reversing can be prevented.
-------------------
George Widener
-------------------
Yes, I do "drive" trains for a living. Celebrating 16 years behind the throttle in January '11.
Wocu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wocu »

Hello. Why that train with arrow, have the stop signal? I set one-way signals in accurate intervals (like AI), but something seems dont work.
Attachments
png.jpg
png.jpg (156.93 KiB) Viewed 6133 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Have you put a signals at the other end of the loops?
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Wocu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wocu »

Yes.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Can you show a picture(s) of the whole line?
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Wocu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wocu »

That's that shot:
Screenshot1.jpg
(656.12 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

But I was testing some staff with one way signals and found very similar kind of disability. Look at that:
Screenshot4.jpg
(603.47 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Why that train has stop signal? And the best of all is that I just replace thta train and signalization started works fine :shock:
LaSeandre
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by LaSeandre »

It's because of the way the track curves at the slopes. The two tracks both use on of the squares, which is counted as part of the other track for signalling. Move the right hand track away from the other one more.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

I guess you also didn't read the tutorial very well on the AMItrains website, because that same situation was mentioned in the tutorial, see here:
interloop_highlight.png
interloop_highlight.png (30.76 KiB) Viewed 6092 times
"In this area, a wide corner slightly overlaps a normal corner. Because the tracks overlap ever so slightly, it is counted as one block, even though there is no way the trains could change tracks."

So you could have known about this if you have read the tutorial a little better...it's the same situation as in you're first screenshot...

The tutorial also mentioned that you better not use terminal-stations, but build RoRo Stations instead...

But if you want to use to use terminals then you should build it like this if you want to make a single track line with more trains use the same tracks:
termgood.png
termgood.png (52.1 KiB) Viewed 6091 times
Or when you have enough cash for it like this in case a double track line with a single direction for each track:
Screen from my own game.PNG
Screen from my own game.PNG (34.85 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
In both of you're screenshots both stations lack a (two-way)signal at the entrance of the station and both stations lack multiple platforms...When you use more then one train you should use a station that has more platforms then just the one you are using at this point...

I shouldn't even give this advice, because it was easy enough to find out by yourself...but since most people lack the information to help them I say it one more time here.

Just read the information that people provide to you !! It's there to help people like you out !

I'm beginning to sound like Badger or Illegal Alien... :twisted:
Wocu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wocu »

Oh, that makes sense. I just didnt notice that overlap, and thought its kind of bug.
Thanks a lot gentlemen. :bow:
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Dont forget, when you are changing signals around. you might have to use the "run red light" button because the light is stuck red because it is stuck red.

and vice versa, you might get one stuck green when it should be red. be careful of track changes while the trains are running.

Even the best of us accidently crash trains.....
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”