Long Station Patch

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Long Station Patch

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

How to get the Long Station Patch (LSP) running:

I'm tired of everyone asking me how the long station patch works...people don't search for answers so I might as well make a topic for it...

The Long Station Patch was created by Banjobeni and Crispy, and I have permission from Banjobeni to upload it on the TT-Forums. You can find the RAR.file that has it on the bottom of this post ! The Readme is in English, German and Dutch. Have fun with it !

After the download and it's unzipped in a clean map (Call it LSP) you'll see this screen:

I have numbered the things you'll need to do...
Things to do LSTP.PNG
(378.77 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
1. READ THE README FILE CAREFULLY...
2. Download the official Locomotion Patch v.1.76 for you're country and install it (Can be found here: http://www.amitrains.co.uk/downloads/vi ... ory/9.html)
3. Download the No-CD Crack Locomotion NO-CD v1.76 for you're country and replace that EXE.file with the original one (Google it).
4. Replace the TITLE.DAT file with the original one in you're DATAMAP in you're Locomotion Directory (Make a Backup !!)
5. Take out you're CD and start Locomotion, it should work now without the CD. You'll notice that the startup screen is different. The animations are gone and you'll only see a brown background (This is because you replaced the original TITLE.DAT file). You'll also get an error. Not to worry, that's normal.
6. Go back to you're desktop by pressing the Windows-Button or Alt-F4 (Keep Locomotion running)
7. Now you must startup the Long Station Patch itself (Press the one with is for you're locomotion version, mine is LOCO_V1.76_EN-NOCD)

This screen opens:
Patch Running.PNG
Patch Running.PNG (104.51 KiB) Viewed 37582 times
A list shows up wich goes all the way down...Don't do anything until it's ready. If you did everything right a message shows up on the bottom that everything is ok and it then says you must close the program by pressing any button, so press any button and the screen closes down.

8. Now go back to Locomotion and start up a new game or the editor if you wan't to create a new scenario or work on an existing landscape.
9. Play the game, you are now able to build big stations with 243 tiles instead of the regular 80 tiles.

IMPORTANT !!!

1. Everytime when you wan't to use you're saved games that are created with the LSP you must start it up when you are in the Title-screen of Locomotion.
2. You cannot open saved games that are created without the LSP when the LSP is running (this is only possible if you play the game without the LSP). The same goes for saved games that are made with the LSP (this is only possible with the LSP running).
3. You can find the official Locomotion v1.76 patch on the forums and on the internet it's not hard to find.
4. Don't ask for links concerning the NO-CD patch, not in PM or on this topic. I can't give it because it gets removed by the moderators. In my country it's probably not illegal to have a No-CD Crack when you have the original game, but in some other countries it is. Look for it on the internet , it's also not hard to find.
5. Other questions can be asked here (Not in PM, because my inbox gets filled with questions concerning the LSP), but if it's not running there isn't really much I can do about it (Maybe other members of the forums can).
6. The LSP only works with the Locomotion v1.76 Patch and the No-CD Crack.
7. Carefully read the readme-file that comes with the download and always make a backup of Locomotion because this can screw up you're entire game if something goes wrong.

Maybe a moderator can sticky this...
Long Station Patch.rar
(165.41 KiB) Downloaded 1492 times
Good luck creating you're own long stations !!
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 25 Mar 2015 09:38, edited 9 times in total.
TheSpeedy09
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Long Station Patch

Post by TheSpeedy09 »

Hi,

so I have to correct you (and I write that I used the patch but not often).
Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:9. Play the game, you are now able to build big stations with 254 tiles instead of the regular 80 tiles.
Tthe author of this patch wrote that you can "only" build 243 tiles. I didn`t try it out and I won`t try it.
Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:6. You cannot use Locomod to change saved games that need the LSP.
That is also uncorrect. I changed a savegmae for a friend. He used the patch and after changing the file he could play the game.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Ok Speedy...
I have changed the point about the Locomod.

If what you are saying is true then something else is the problem on my games...Only the games that I use the LSP on can't be modified with Locomod. So something else has to cause this problem...but I go and find out later. Lately I don't use the Locomod that intense anymore and I just wait for the models to be invented...Also when I'm working on a landscape I triple check the selection-box if I have all the objects that I need for the map I'm using...

I will test how many station-tiles you can really use with the patch running...I saw it once on a topic that you'll could use 254 tiles, but now I see a lot that it's "only" 243 tiles...Still it's better then the standard 80 tiles :mrgreen:

But thnxsss for pointing this out :lol: , thumbs up !
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

It's not working for me. I followed your instructions and patced the game with 1.76 US patch and applied US no cd for that version. I start Locomotion and see the brown background, then I press windows button and start the bat file for 1.76 us no cd. The bat file starts and the list goes down.
Then it says: Error could not open process loco.exe, be sure that you have already started loco.exe I have loco.exe running and vorking. I also tried the bat file for the EN version just in case.
Another thing is that when I return to game, after few seconds the colours go crazy
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I don't know anything about the US version...I can't test what I don't have. But why do you have the US version when you're from Finland (just curious :mrgreen: )...

Did you also tested the game without the CD, so you know for sure that the game runs under the NO-CD patch (without LSP)?

My game colors also have changed occasionally, but that was even before I ever heard of the LSP...The only thing I could do about that was to restart the game...I don't know what causes that.

Maybe some one else who has the US version of the game knows what to do...or try a message on the German Fanpage where the download came from. I wish that I could help you, because the LSP is a very cool tool, but I don't...

I'm sorry... :(
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Well actually I don't know why I have the US patch. I just quickly yesterday downloaded the patch and today discovered that it was the US patch. When running the patch it said the it will update the game from any version to US version 1.76 and I tought that it was ok. So if I want to try the euro patch can I just re patch it with the euro patch or is there a way to remove the patch, other than reinstalling the game.
The game has been running without the CD for a long time as my game CD is somewhere, I don't know where.
The game colours go crazy nearly always if I minimize the game.
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Did you put an US Patch over the European Game ? I don't know if you can uninstall the US Patch...But you can try to install the European Patch over it...since the EXE is then changed in the European EXE...If that doesn't work then I'm afraid that you must re-install the game, thenn run the European Patch and then change that EXE with the No-CD EXE.

Because as far as I know you must install the No-CD EXE after you installed the patch...at least that is how I did it and it worked for me.

I still don't know about those colors...It happened at my game sometimes as well, but now I have no troubles anymore and when I did have those color-problems I just didn't do nothing. Somehow the problem solved itself...Maybe someone else knows about that...

Sorry for the late reaction...I have been playing Locomotion all day...and a part of the night as well :mrgreen:

I'm off to bed, it's 3.36 in the night here... :O

EDIT: I saw a reply on an old topic that the problem with the colors also happened when you use The Pizza Trainer...So maybe that's the problem ? Do you use trainers or anything like that ? You can use a trainer when you use the LSP, but then you first must start the trainer, then the game and then the LSP. Only use a trainer for patched up version 1.76 because the pizza trainer was for version 1.0 and doesn't work after you have patched up the game (at least it didn't work with my game)...

Now I'm using Locomotion Trainer V1.0 it came from the german loco fanpage and is designed for Loco v1.76

Good luck !
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 25 Oct 2010 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
TrainLoverJeff
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TrainLoverJeff »

Where can I get the >snap< patch. I'm sure this is my problem
Last edited by Hyronymus on 25 Oct 2010 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't ask for illegal stuff please.
pullin4u
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pullin4u »

I can also confirm that the LSP is not working for me...have the US version, patched to 1.76, with the no-cd patch. I do not have any trainers or other programs related to LoMo running at that time. Gives me the same error as mc.crab.
Not a huge deal as I can build big stations via the other method, but I wanted to give the LSP a shot. :P
-------------------
George Widener
-------------------
Yes, I do "drive" trains for a living. Celebrating 16 years behind the throttle in January '11.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

In that case I think the US version of the game, or the US Patch or NO-CD is the cause of the problem...I wander if people who have the European version also have problems with the LSP...it's really worth it.

Sorry if it didn't work but there's no other way that I can think about to get it running.

Perhaps people who have the US version can send a question about this mod to the creator of the program on the German site where it came from...if you really want to get it to work...
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Thanks for your answer. I'll try the european patch and if I remember correctly I backed up the original exe. I'm not using any trainers so that can't cause the colour error.
Btw. Does it cause any difference if I used a no cd crack before patching the game?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

mc.crab wrote: Btw. Does it cause any difference if I used a no cd crack before patching the game?
I wouldn't know about it Crab...The way that I disciped here is the way how I did it and that worked, so I think you should try that out for you're self. I don't think it will do any harm but the way I did it surely works with the european version...

So good luck tryin... :P

Will you please let it know if it does work, the information could be usefull for other members that wan't to use that method. I won't try it for myself because everything is running smootly on my pc now and I don't want to mess things up...

Thnxsss !
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Still not working. I managed to patch it with the 1.76 euro patch and found a no cd crack, but it still gives the same error when running the bat. Now what I was thinking is, is it possible to patch the game exe for personal use only. I understand if you can't give the instuctions here, I would just like to know if it's possible and how hard it is.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Well it is possible, but i think its hard, not sure how its coded :P (Just try it instead of asking?)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

mc.crab wrote:Now what I was thinking is, is it possible to patch the game exe for personal use only.
I don't even know what you mean by a personal exe...I thought that everybody who has the game has a personal exe. The only thing I can think of that you can do is look hard for you're cd, install a clean version of the game, then patch it with the europatch v1.76 and then overwrite you're exe with the one from the Locomotion NO-CD v1.76 ENG (for the European version of the game) crack...

By the way how do you open the LSP ? Do you press the Bat.file itself or do you drop the text on the memory-patcher ?

I always open the Bat.file directly...I removed everything in the map from the LSP that I don't need so my map looks like this now and when I have opened up the game I always use the one that is circeled. I have never dropped the file in the memory-patcher, that method will probebly do the same thing, but I haven't tested it that way...
Image_101022_115451.PNG
(349.44 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
If reinstalling etc. doesn't work I'm all out of options...sorry :|
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

Well I think I could try reinstalling, I just have to find the CD somewhere.
I have also opened the .bat file directly but I could also try dropping the .bat file to memorypatcher.exe
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

The download of the Long Station Patch can now be found in the first post !! I have permission from the creator to upload it here on the TT-Forums ! Have fun with it !!

You can make much longer stations with this patch. Here are some screens:
Screenshot6.PNG
Screenshot6.PNG (160.93 KiB) Viewed 9489 times
Twinsburg Coalmine.PNG
(132.71 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Screenshot18.PNG
(196.7 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
If you need any help, then post your questions here and I see if I can help you with it !
Have fun with it and good luck !
pschlik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pschlik »

I did what the readme told me to do and it just showed "Memort Patcher 2.0 BETA and did nothing. Or if I did it a different way it would say I had the incorrect version of loco.exe. Maby because I didn't get any .exe file, what do you download to get it?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

pschlik wrote:
Maby because I didn't get any .exe file

Did you read the first post ? You need to download the Locopatch v. 1.76 for your country and the NO-CD Crack for the game !! Both will come with a new EXE. file...Read the entire post because you will need those specific things to get the LSP to work...
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 18 Jul 2011 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”