Only one bridge can go up or down?

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

xoker
Engineer
Engineer

Only one bridge can go up or down?

Post by xoker »

Hi! First I want to say is I dont speak english, so sorry if somebody dont understantme but i will try it and please answer me clear and easily.

A lot of time ago I am playing to Locomotion, but I would like to ask you something.

Can I build a quickly bridge? I always build the default railroad track, but the railroad only can go to 96 k/h, so I am trying to build the quickly railroad, but how can I do it? I always choose the other bridges to build the normal raildroad without up or down levels and only of this way I get go more quickly than 96k/h but, what hell is my problem? I suppose you will thinking it... when I try to go up the track it always choose the slow railroad, I can not build quick bridget because I can not choose the quickly bridget.

Can someone help me?
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Only one bridge can go up or down?

Post by Opan »

What I got from that is that you want a bridge that can support slopes and go faster then the brick bridge. Out of all the default bridges only the brick bridge can build slopes. There are other bridges on the forums that allow you to build slopes and they have unlimited speed. I believe the flyover bridge which is found in Plastikman's scenery pack at AMI Trains and Tattoo's Tube Bridge (check his steel bridge too, but I'm not sure if it has slopes or not)

There are other bridges out there I'm sure, these are the ones I know about.
Last edited by Opan on 26 Jun 2010 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Earth Slopes. Looks like grass, but is a bridge that changes height. (and that's all it does). Can be found at ami trains, and several other places.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

I was going to say Earth slopes, but I wasn't sure if he wanted a regular bridge.
xoker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xoker »

ohh yes, slopes, that is the word!! hehe, so I have undestood that it is impossible go fast on the slopes with the default game, Is it correct? if It is correct locomotion will have an awesome mistake, in my opinion... I dont want to get additional material, I would like pass all de test for myself and no take the easy way... maybe I will change the game :(
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Yes the only default bridge that has slopes in the brick bridge. And the only way would to edit the dat, or download another bridge like the ones I suggested a couple posts up.

Or if you are that concerned about speed make the slopes with the arch then use one of the unlimited speed bridges like the steel bridge to cover the flat stretch.

Ps. If you are editing remember to make a backup objdata file.
Last edited by Opan on 26 Jun 2010 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

arch? Make it brickbridge :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
CN_Rail
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CN_Rail »

Only a brick bridge can go on slopes. Its maximum speed is 96 km/h.
Toren Hynes
"Proudly Canadian"
If you happen to be using Trainz, you can get to me on the Trainz Discussion Forum under the username "TorenHynes"
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

CN_Rail wrote:Only a brick bridge can go on slopes. Its maximum speed is 96 km/h.
No, that is the only default one. Read the thread and you'll see that at least 2 other bridges that can be used as slopes have been mentioned.

Gah. :twisted:
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
CN_Rail
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CN_Rail »

There are lots of other bridges around that you can download in Plastikman's UP & scenery pack.
Toren Hynes
"Proudly Canadian"
If you happen to be using Trainz, you can get to me on the Trainz Discussion Forum under the username "TorenHynes"
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

CN_Rail wrote:Only a brick bridge can go on slopes. Its maximum speed is 96 km/h.
and a few days later ....
CN_Rail wrote:There are lots of other bridges around that you can download in Plastikman's UP & scenery pack.
This almost constitutes spam, knock it off!

Oh and you've made yourself look pretty daft by contradicting yourself :lol:
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”