Seemingly silly patch question..

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Deewalla
Engineer
Engineer

Seemingly silly patch question..

Post by Deewalla »

While I know I'm not a guru when it comes to computers, I'm pretty confident. Managed to download Serpent and Install it without any hiccup. A decent enough test when it comes to figuring out computer bits of code. I downloaded Loco from Atari.com nearly 4 days ago. Ran it, played it, modded it, loved it. Noticed on AMI something called US patch.

Huuuuuuum......

So I open up the game and check my version. Clicking the big Chris Sawyer logo it reads 4.02.173. Hum.... this is a fresh install.... oh well. I'll patch it. I run the patcher, and NOW it says I need to insert my disk. Hence the head scratching and furrowed brow.

Newly downloaded off website, but its old version. When I patch, it then requires a CD....

Anyone else have this problem and found a workaround? (One of the glitches it fixes I have noticed. Disappearing trains when they turn around.)

On a side note. I couldn't get autopause to work. F5 did nothing but make my "new loco / first load arrived" paper flash until I hit it again. Even when I switched it from F5, same results. Curious....

Also, using the resolution changer mod to bump it up to 1440x900, my standard resolution, causes an error. It opens the game, shows the Atari logo and the Disclaimer, but THEN errors out with a windows driver error. Any thoughts?

-Deewalla
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Seemingly silly patch question..

Post by Opan »

I've never used any of the atari patches. I prefer to avoid them, just because they are old and outdated.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I hate when I write a long post and it gets eaten.. :(

short post..

.176 does fix a lot of bugs.

Also, some mods wont work with the unpatched version. autopause might be one.

The resolution changer works differantly on differant PC's. i know i have had lomo in wide screen then changed drivers and the widescreen option dissapears. it is a driver issue in the end. you can use it to get back to 800x600

People that get the Download version do get screwed due to the CD issue. This is one of the last games that used SecuRom 5 and does not have a NO-CD exe patch from Atari.

There was an Official CD from Atari that was prepatched with .176, new airports and NOCD. but that is a Rare find. I did get my hands on one of them.

On Atari Forums, it is suggested that you download the .176 patch and then use a bootleg cracked EXE (not condoned by TT-Forums) or use the EXE i just mentioned (but why would you buy a CD to patch a game you just bought?).

there is no support because it is a dead product to to the falling out of Chris Sawyer and Atari resulting in a large lawsuit.

If someone tossed $6 into my tip jar, I'll buy a copy of it and see what I can find out for support.

PS. Welcome to te forums.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

I have 2 versions of autopause. Maybe you can try out the different versions wich will work with yout version of the game.

Autopause v1.4 @ AMI Look at the Locomotion tools section.

Autopause v1.5 @ TT-Forums

Edit: Mmmh seems that the v1.5 link is broken. Only the last topic post has an extra Zip but it contains v1.4 ...

Edit 2: Found a live version of autopause v1.5 @ locomotion fanpage.

Autopause v1.5 @ Locomotion Fanpage
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”