Trying to figure out LocoTool

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Trying to figure out LocoTool

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Okay. Fairly new to the site, but I've been playing locomotion for a while. While scouring through this site (which I found to be very intriguing) I decided to try a simple mod for the Baldwin. This became hell for me due to the fact that I can't manage to get the incrypted code decrypted. If someon could make a YouTube video of how to use LocoTool it would be very appreciated! I am using Dev-C++ to make the program. If I don't actually need a program making program please say! Thanks for reading my plea for help.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Trying to figure out LocoTool

Post by rdrdrdrd »

just drag the file over locotool and drop it, it is kinda confusing, but intuitive at the same time
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

FHS
Director
Director

Post by FHS »

Theres an easier way, try the attached program.

Edit) Offensive file removed
(FHS)
Last edited by FHS on 21 Jul 2009 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

@FHS

just a gentle question, do you have the relevant permissions to upload that?
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

@PowerQube: no, you do not need to 'make' the program. As long as you have the .exe and the .dll file (not sure about the changelog or variab.txt), you can run either in the command prompt command line, or as rdrdrdrd said, just drag and drop either the .dat file (do decompile) or the .xml file (to recompile) onto the .exe, and it will do all the work for you. If you are decompiling a .dat, you will get a .xml file and a sprites folder, and if you're recompiling the .xml, your sprites folder and xml will be used to create a new .dat file (if the old .dat file is still there, it will become .bak)

I hope that's not too confusing for you, it's an involved chunk of text.

@FHS: As noofnoof said, don't upload that file if you don't have permission from the author. Provide a link to where it may be downloaded if you wish. And personally, I don't find it any easier. But that might just be personal preference.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

it sounds like PQ downloaded the source files and not the program...
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Thanks for helping me out guys! But if anyone could link the .exe file it would be appreciated. For some reason I don't have it...
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

OK. Now that I have the train in a readable format and have the speed set to 200 and horsepower set to 9000 (will that overload the game?). I've been trying to drag the new file TGV1.1 to the .xml and get nothing... Please help!
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Alright! I have finally figured it out! I saved a new notepad file and couldn't recompile it so here is my first train.
Attachments
TGV2.1.dat
(74.35 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

what is the difference, before I download it
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

I would not recomend downloading the TGV (it has the exact same name for some reason ?( )... My TGV has speed set for 200 and power set to 9000. Currently I am tring to figure out how have the vehicles inserted into the game. My first trains can be found in Locomotion for some strange reason. I make them perfectly fine, change them back to .DAT files, move them back to ObjData file, run Locomotion, and BAM! not there... Besides the question of how to succesully implament the vehicles, how do I change their name in Loco? You can use this bus I made to kind of help me out... I changed the original TDH 5301 to TDH 5302.
Attachments
TDH5302.dat
(41.15 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

there is a line of code called description, change that, make sure to delete the .dat before you recompile the XML

PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Thankyou rdrdrdrd for helping me out so much today. Now I can say I actually learned something over my summer break. As a thankyou, I give you a Magical Wagon. Capable of going 257 mph, has 27,546 horsepower, and can hold 144 tons of iron ore, coal, or grain. Thanks a ton. :D
Attachments
MAGICWAGON.dat
4 tons of fun!
(149.4 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”