Multiplayer?

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

gtasa
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Multiplayer?

Post by gtasa »

How does me get a player to play?
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Multiplayer?

Post by SwissFan91 »

News just in... 1000's of users of an internet forum have been rushed into hospital this evening after reports of repeated head injuries. Experts believe they may have smashed them against their desk/table in response to a forum thread.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

jake.grimshaw wrote:News just in... 1000's of users of an internet forum have been rushed into hospital this evening after reports of repeated head injuries. Experts believe they may have smashed them against their desk/table in response to a forum thread.
Realy usefull comment... At topicstarter: Try asking some friend or something, but its a bit tricky...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

next week i can possibly play with you, clean install with the mega pack and patch updates from plastikman as mods, or do you want to use something else?
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

kalvingp30fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by kalvingp30fan »

Can you play with anyone on multiplayer? or do they have to be near your computer? does it lag?
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Sorry. It wasn't the clearest start to a topic though.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Pretty much any Internet play is laggy even on high speed. LAN is lag free.

If the dat folders are not the same (ie. One person is no breakdowns and one has breakdowns) you get bad sputtering lag as it tries to figure out what's differant.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

if you use hamachi the lag is lessened some,
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

What about making a topic about multiplayer in Locomotion, if there isn't one already?
hoboville14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hoboville14 »

gtasa wrote:How does me get a player to play?
i can play with you :D
lrac000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lrac000 »

when ever i try to play online it doesnt let me i dont know why
or is it becouse no one is ever on when i am
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

You're going to have to give us a bit more detail as to what you're doing.
Oh, and would you please write using capitals, punctuation etc. Some sort of effort on your behalf may mean people are more inclined to help you.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

lrac000 wrote:when ever i try to play online it doesn't let me i don't know why
or is it because no one is ever on when i am
If you're talking about gamespy, I doubt anyone is on it.

I personally (and most players I know) never even installed it.

We play online at pre arranged times and directly connect or use tunneling software.

I suggest you find a buddy that wants to play online with you. Then you guys play at a time you agree on and with agreed mod packs. Don;t forget mismatched dats will kill multiplayer.

Since a game can go on for days, you really do want someone that is reliable to stay with you the entire time to finish the game. also some sort of third party chat software (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Skype, IRC, ETC.) makes it easier to get the game going and help with disconnects.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

But main rule: You objdata folder must me EXACT the same, no trackmods or whatever.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Plastikman's #1 Fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Plastikman's #1 Fan »

Okay... Since I found a forum on the topic, would anyone be willing to play some rounds with me? You would have to e-mail your objdata folder to me, though. I kinda re-de-un-dis-organized it, and I can't find anything anymore.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't have automod yet. I've been a bit lazy installing all these things.
DO NOT FEED THE GENIUS!
Murphy was an optimist.
Plastikman Rules! All Hail the North American Cargo Pack!
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

If you want a clean start for your object data folder use backuptool made by plastikman, wich can be found on the ami website.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”