will production always double?

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Logistics_4_Fun
Engineer
Engineer

will production always double?

Post by Logistics_4_Fun »

If you service an industry long enough and keep it at 100% production transported, will it always double its production up to its cap? I have been playing through the scenarios and it seems that the industries that I service sometimes dont increase their production soon enough. There seems to be some randomness and luck involved in getting these industries to increase production. Besides keeping them at 100% transported, what can I do to make industries double their production sooner?
Hammo
Director
Director

Re: will production always double?

Post by Hammo »

They won't always increase production if you keep them well serviced. I've had many games where I've perfectly serviced an industry with two stations, never anything waiting, etc. Often production will increase, but it will sometimes (depressingly) decrease. Or close. Just like in the game I was playing a while back...

Probably the best advice I can give is to try and service your industries with two stations, in an efficient manner. I usually only use one station per industry, so of course I miss out on a bit of production, but I don't mind. I also tend to use two platform Ro-Ro stations if I can, and can keep a very efficient network in doing so. That's about all the advice I can give on the matter, unless I've missed something, or don't know of something myself.
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: will production always double?

Post by chevyrider »

Save the game, end locomotion and start up again
Now load your save game.

Have seen the behaviour of the industries act different by that.
We found that out when we had an internet contest years ago.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”