why is nothing waiting at the stations?

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

travelingtribe
Engineer
Engineer

why is nothing waiting at the stations?

Post by travelingtribe »

I've only been playing this for a few weeks but I'm having a hard time with the stations. I'm building at least one at each resource and at first there's always stuff waiting to be loaded. Then after just a little time all of the stations on that train line will be empty and I start losing money. Any advice?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: why is nothing waiting at the stations?

Post by Plastikman »

check that the industry is still producing items.

if it is, then they stopped giving them to your station because you are not visiting it often enough and the stuff was rotting on the platform. visit the station more often. use more, smaller faster trains if you have to.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Happyman7
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Happyman7 »

Pretty close to what Plastikman said:

Get smaller, faster trains. From what I am guessing is you have a long train which goes really slow. That is just costly depending on your track size you want to add x amount of trains pulling y amount of cargo (mathematical moment)

Short Track (about 1/4 or less map space used): Medium Train or 2 small trains (2 small trains will probably get you more money)
Medium Track (about 1/2 map space used): 2-3 small trains
Large Track (3/4-whole map space used): +3 medium trains

Edit:
I removed an image (see the post under this one)

In other words, your not reaching the supply and demand ratio.

Hope it Helped,

Happyman7
Last edited by Happyman7 on 20 Apr 2009 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
I am currently innactive on these forums, but I will come here every once in a while to check up on things.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Please don't image link to V-Scaler without permission.

That is against forum rules and poor net etiquette.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Happyman7
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Happyman7 »

Plastikman wrote:Please don't image link to V-Scaler without permission.

That is against forum rules and poor net etiquette.
Sorry, I just Googled it and didn't know it was against a rule :)

I fixed it though, thanks for the notice ;)
I am currently innactive on these forums, but I will come here every once in a while to check up on things.
munirhaq
Engineer
Engineer

Post by munirhaq »

Greetings all
Very First time participating in this forum, most likely the last 1too, no disrespect intended, as & when my health allows me to sit for a short time it is usually with another sim, As old habits die hard, I like to spend a little of that time with Chris Sawyer’s creations, (in this case, Locomotion)
This post is in response to” why is nothing waiting at a given station of what ever
It is supposed to produce
, some reasonably adequate answers have been given here in this forum, but there is room for improvement in those suggestions,
Here goes nothing! When building a station at a given producing facility, say from a coal mine to a power station, build a 1-track link between the 2 maybe with 1platform
Station at each end in order to conserve money at this stage, then at the coal mine build another 3 squares long track with 1 station platform on it, making sure it has the same name as the rest of the future expanded station name, very important this. Now buy the cheapest loco with 1 large capacity coal hopper and set it down on that 3 square platform, set its duty to pickup full load of coal as fallows if coal mine is greenway, 1go to greenway, 2 pickup full load of coal, 3 go to greenway, 4 unload at Green way, the same place. The train doesn’t move a centimetre; its job is to make the mine produce coal at an alarming rate non-stop, now you can build your first normal
Coal train between this coalmine and the power station of a reasonable size, 6 to 8 hoppers? And further expand it later; in no time you will be earning millions. This method can be used at all the producing places. Good luck to those who were not aware of this.
In closing this post I apologise to those who might have been familiar with this method, and there for wasting their time to read this bit lengthy post.
Kind regards.
Munir Haq
Attachments
Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (152.49 KiB) Viewed 545 times
Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg (564.48 KiB) Viewed 529 times

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”