Free play

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Free play

Post by Twiggy »

killroy200 wrote:Well so much for the answer i was looking for. Besides i can and do make money in the game, i just don't really want to start from ground zero every time i have an idea.
Unfortunately, that's just life...

50mph coal trains and ICE 3's? We do that all the time here in Aus., just that our ICE's have a max operating speed of 55mph! (slight exaggeration...)
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Loco Man
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Loco Man »

I hear, here in South Florida Tri-Rail has an operating speed of 75Mph., but they operate on CSX track and the trains stop at signals every 5 miles!
Just trying to make a living in this world...

And apparently making a living also includes playing locomotion.
Projects: Military Cycle
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

Loco Man wrote:I hear, here in South Florida Tri-Rail has an operating speed of 75Mph., but they operate on CSX track and the trains stop at signals every 5 miles!

Thats fast try a sunday service on what was Inter City when engineering works were in full swing, An hour spent outside Bristol Parkway Station, a view best described as depressingly ugly with only a blagged biscuit and cup of tea for company in first class
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Could be worse. Any day of the week when there is a storm and you are trapped in Newton Abbot for 2hrs 30 mins because the sea wall is closed or running single line. I have got stuck at Exeter St Davids for 3.5hrs too in the same situation. A relief line needs to be built SOOO desperately.
Redimus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Redimus »

EXTspotter wrote:Could be worse. Any day of the week when there is a storm and you are trapped in Newton Abbot for 2hrs 30 mins because the sea wall is closed or running single line. I have got stuck at Exeter St Davids for 3.5hrs too in the same situation. A relief line needs to be built SOOO desperately.
There was a releife line. BR closed it.

They did a lot of that.
Warning: Subject has been known to show the kind of mental agility that would make Locomotion's AI blush.
ashchetum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ashchetum »

(a little backseat mod)
*off-topic*
Now back on topic;
Freeplay would be nice for trying ideas out, I often try something out in my custom flat map and don't finish it because I run out of money. Who knows, lomo was VERY unfinished at the state it was released, wait until someone gets the gutz to start and openlocomotion game, it might be included then. *I'm rooting for openloco!!!!!!!
Props to the devs of OpenTTD, you guys make magic!
Redimus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Redimus »

After seeing what they've done with open TTD (and wow, they've done somethign special with that) I fully agree with you on that one.
Warning: Subject has been known to show the kind of mental agility that would make Locomotion's AI blush.
TrainKid1998
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrainKid1998 »

Plastikman wrote:Not built into the game, No.

There is a tool out there that with a click of a button, allow all vehicals avalable forever (1900 to the end of time) and remove all costs so they are free.

It is not as much fun as playing it as it was inteneded IMO. but, would allow for your "sandbox play" (within the vehical limit).
Sorry to sound so noobish but, when i tried to search for that mod i couldnt find it and also where can i get that mod?
Banned Member
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I would try searching again......
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

It was a tool box of 8-12 tools made by a former member. It is quite posible it was never released. Beta only?

The gentleman has since been banned. Maybe andel remembers his name?
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Ah, we'll wait for Mr Andel then.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”