Level crossing help

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

TonkaCarl
Engineer
Engineer

Level crossing help

Post by TonkaCarl »

See, I need help with a question of mine since I don't know much about the game.

How do you make level crossings without trains crashing into each other. I tried helping my sister by putting a colourlight before one track before the crossing and the train waited for heaps long before turning around. After this, I tried taking the colourlight out and that didn't work because they crashed. :lol:

Please Help! ?(
Owen-Alexander
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Level crossing help

Post by Owen-Alexander »

Well if you can try to avoid crossings unless you have a good system but if not try a bridge over on of the tracks
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

One way to do it, if you are running one train on each of the tracks, is to do the following:
xing.png
xing.png (3.12 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
I think the way you did it, the train waiting didn't know when the section was clear due to there not being another signal on each side of the crossing.
A more basic (but more expensive) way to do it, is Owen's way. Make a bridge and avoid all interaction altogether.
I hope that helps.

W
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Its best to avoid railways crossing each other on the level, because of the jams that it creates - you can do as illustrated above, but it will create jams as trains always have to wait for each other first.

Also be careful when resignalling in Loco - the train drivers don't notice at first, get confused, and end up colliding. The only way around it is to pay attention to the first trains to go through a new formation after you change it.
TonkaCarl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TonkaCarl »

Thanks!

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”