Network tactics

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

WitchDR
Engineer
Engineer

Network tactics

Post by WitchDR »

I am the biggest noob to building train networks.. i am terrified that trains will crash so what i do is build tons and tons of single lines that bridge over each other rather than connect even once.. i need some sort of guide for building a network on like what does what and how things affect other things, y trains still make money cause i'll have one train that's like 24 long stopping by several farms and fruit places befor reaching the final stop, then repeating, when that isn't enough i make another train on a seperate rail along the same route just a different line. pls help me.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Network tactics

Post by Plastikman »

Wendy,

I fail to see what you are asking? are you saying you have a phobia of trains or you are don't like blowing up sim people? perhaps you can rephrase as a question?
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Trains generally won't crash unless you manually let two into the same section. Use the signaling and experiment - and there is plenty of stuff around on the forums about signalling that you can read.

It sounds deeply inefficient to have one train carrying fruit from three fruit farms.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Fruit farms... am I missing something here?

Is that a mod? is it grapes? or not included in the Aussie lomo release?
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Hammo wrote:Fruit farms... am I missing something here?

I know its a part of TTD. I ordered a Lomo CD from the US, and it's doesn't have a fruit farm in it... does someone care to enlighten us?
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

wadeo1984 wrote:
Hammo wrote:Fruit farms... am I missing something here?

I know its a part of TTD. I ordered a Lomo CD from the US, and it's doesn't have a fruit farm in it... does someone care to enlighten us?
I never played TTD. I had the original TT, and then Lomo years later. That TTD might be a clue though... possibly the wrong forum or confusion about the industry name?
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Good point - Loco doesn't have fruit farms - I didn't think of that!

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”