Hello There

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

WildGoose
Engineer
Engineer

Hello There

Post by WildGoose »

just thought I would introduce myself, been reading the forums for a few weeks, but only registered recently

unfortunately it seems I have discovered the joys of Locomotion a little later than most, I was an occasional transport tycoon deluxe player back in the days after buying it on budget, but never dedicated much time to it, and it got moved to the shelf

years later i picked up a copy Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and this series (excluding the 3D releases which I dont get on with) has been a firm favourite ever since, naturally I became a chris sawyer fan and was hotly anticipating his new releases, I actually bought Locomotion shortly after its UK release, but due to already dedicating copious amount of time to Rollercoaster 2, i never got round to installing it.

Now its 2007 and I can't believe I didnt play it sooner, its fantastic, and im absolutely hooked. I've just finished Oil Oasis and the Swiss alps yesterday, after - I have to admit - a fair struggle, and several times starting from scratch, Oil Oasis was particularly frustrating and a bit beyond its so called "Easy" rating :P After a quick search through here, i'm glad I wasnt the only one who found difficulties with it. The advice got me through in 6 years 7 months, so thanks for keeping your database going back to 2004 :wink:

Now i'm starting on the great scales of Aerophobia, and I suddenly feel totally out my depth, its 1975 and suddenly there are loads of trains to choose from, huge deposits of cash to play with, horrendous inflation, and a 60% performance index to aim for :o Still it wouldn't be fun if there was no challenge.

Hope some of you guys are still playing Loco, as its certainly quieter around here these days than it was a few years ago. I look forward to getting to know you :)

All the best
Lister7777
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lister7777 »

Hi and welcome.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hi and welcome too, nobody else seems to care to welcome you
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I do I do! He supports AMI! Friend for life lol!
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

hi an welcome
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”