Train routing problem

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

endrju
Engineer
Engineer

Train routing problem

Post by endrju »

Hi all :D I am a beginner and I have a question. What am I doing wrong here? I set a route with 5 entries, but the train somehow doesn't want to go from 4 to 5 and then to 1. Instead it goes from 4 through 3 :(. I read somewhere that waypoints make sense if they are in separate blocks so I added semaphores. Can you help me?
Attachments
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (140.64 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

The train at beachwood needs also signals on that part of track.
One in front and one far enough behind.
see also:
http://www.geocities.com/benj_a_d/sigdesign.htm
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

because the train sees a way around the signals, it goes around it. sort of stupid. i think the patch fixed that. other as chevy said put a signal on each side of beachtown woods, and change the signals by the waypoing to 2 way signals if you are only running the one train.

also the train will load and unload MUCH faster if the stations are longer then the train. so, add some platforms there!
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

And if you can't find a way to fix it, you can also set the train from "local" to "express". It drive on then (through the station).
You can also try place a waypoint just before the signal.
endrju
Engineer
Engineer

Post by endrju »

It worked 8) - one way was to put 2-way signals and the second method to remove signals completely (weird because in the beginning there was no signals - I must have had unfinished track somewhere). I also installed the patch. Thanks for help :D
fetis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fetis »

I have a problem with the route too. Or with the full load. Sometimes my train be full load when I have it on "Wait for full load". But sometimes not. And the train wait for full load at the end station. Im not sure If I have press the Full load right. http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ot1ji7.png
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

The train needs to be set to wait for a full load at every station :). Tedious I know but never the less a nessecity :( :)
Sivar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sivar »

The wait-for-something-order always has to be placed after the stop-at-station-order, from where you want to get the load.

As I see it, you want that train to stop at Noseygate West to wait for full load of lumber, right? In that case, you have to put the "wait for full load"-order AFTER the "stop at Noseygate West". You don't have to set the train to wait at every station.

However, if you deliver lumber to a papermill and don't plan to transport the paper further on with the same train, you want to order your train to unload paper at the mill (destination), as lumber-wagons can carry paper, too. Here the unload-order has to be after "stop at papermill" as well - equivalent to the example above.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”