Tutorial: How to use the Locomotion tools,

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

FGV
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Tutorial: How to use the Locomotion tools,

Post by FGV »

If someone just could do a simple tutorial or a guide, I woould be very thanked, and like me others, I think.

Thank you very much anyways for the information Alien! :D
Please use the search option!! ;-)
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Hello Chevvytrider: I have read with interest your post on "Locomotion Tools Tutorials". My question is this:

I have tried locomod and dragged a .dat file over the locomod.exe and it doesn't work. I have a clean install of Locomotion with mods, NAM v1, BR Steam set, and NAM vehicles. Any thoughts??.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Transport Coordinator

Post by Zainy521 »

Greyfox wrote:Hello Chevvytrider: I have read with interest your post on "Locomotion Tools Tutorials". My question is this:

I have tried locomod and dragged a .dat file over the locomod.exe and it doesn't work. I have a clean install of Locomotion with mods, NAM v1, BR Steam set, and NAM vehicles. Any thoughts??.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers.
You use the locomod for editing save games. You use the locotool for editing DATs.
Cash1307
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cash1307 »

Greyfox wrote:Hello Chevvytrider: I have read with interest your post on "Locomotion Tools Tutorials". My question is this:

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers.
Hey Greyfox,

If you are using locomod for the first time simply open it up and it will ask you for your objdat folder

Point it to the right spot then a bar should appear across the top of the screen... click open select your saved game and choose what you want in a game
I came, I saw, I got lost on the way back
TheDriver
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheDriver »

Hopefully I can reply here, could someone please re-up the Locotool Frontend II? My computer crashed and I don't seem to find it on the web, unfortunatly.
Thanks?
junglejim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by junglejim »

Ok maybee i am dumber then a frog,But where are the two folders normal and nobreakdown after you drag the dat in the box?Thank in advance rev.jim..
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

There should be subfolders made in the Objdata folder by the program.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
addick
Engineer
Engineer

Post by addick »

chevyrider wrote: Lcotool Wrapper changes the reability and \or obsolete year.

Just downlood wrapper tool 0.15.
Execute the file
Click the properties you want(more or max reliability and\or no obsolete.
Drag the vehicles from the folder OBJDATA in the rectangle.
This will take some minutes.
Two subfolders will be made one named normal, the other what you wished(f.i. no breakdown).
Then you have to copy the vehicles from the no breakdown folder to the Objdata folder.

In the Objdata folder are only DAT files. You can select them all, even not vehickles(the program will ignore them) and drag them.
If you wish to undo no-breakdown you can copy back files from normal to Objdata
After download, you can put them in a new game with the Scenario Editor.

Hi, Firstly can I just check if I need to download locotool before I can use Wrappertool correectly? If I do, then that may be why I am having trouble getting wrappertool to work. I have searched for a solution to my problem but can't find it in any responses to other questions about it so hope it's ok to ask on this thread. I can create the two subfolders using locotool 0.15 (normal and no breakdown) but the no breakdown folder is empty so there's no vehicles in there to copy to the Objdata folder (bit in quote bolded). The 'normal' folder looks to have all the DAT files in it but they are just copies of the ones in the ObjData folder.

Any help/advice (polite!) that can be offered would be appreciated so I don't have to spend all my gametime renewing vehicles!

Many thanks.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

@addick: Take some friendly advice, check the date on the last post before posting yourself. The last post was 2 years ago. Moderators take a dim view of "bumping" old topics. Have a look at the rules and you'll see what I mean. As I said, just friendly advice.

......and welcome to the forums.

Cheers.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”