Scenario Editor

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Mickwild
Engineer
Engineer

Scenario Editor

Post by Mickwild »

I recently downloaded Oldtimers Flatland Scenario which I considered very useful for learning to play Locomotion, I would like to be able to build such scenarios myself but I believe that the scenario editor included in loco does not allow for the placing of individual industries wherever you require them on the map. Is there another type of scenario editor available or am I wrong in thinking that the loco scenario editor is this limited ?.

Mike
Mickwild
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

click on the industrys button (brings up a list of industrys and their stats)
there should be a tab at the top of that window to create a new industry, it will have pics on the industries

ill get a pic later
Mickwild
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mickwild »

But can I place individual factories etc on the map wherever I want them ?.

Mike
Mickwild
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Mickwild wrote:But can I place individual factories etc on the map wherever I want them ?.

Mike
You can place and remove them in the editor.
That's in the top right symbol if you click some screens further.
This can only be done in a brand new game your making.
So in a save game you never can make changes with the original editor.
Placing stuff, like new vehicles only can be done with the mod "Locomod"
With the "founding industries" mod of Loewe 13 you can always place new industries during game, including mines.
There is no mod that can remove things in an existing game.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Mickwild
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mickwild »

I see, I'll have to look harder.

My thanks again for the experienced replies of forum members.

I'm sure I'll have some more questions soon. :lol:

Mike
Mickwild
J484fan
Engineer
Engineer

methods for using editor

Post by J484fan »

Hello everyone,

I have downloaded a few scenarios and while I have enjoyed playing them, I want to try making some of my own, problem is with the ideas I have I don't know exactly how to start. I live in South Bend, IN and to my east in Elkhart, IN Norfolk Southern has a classification yard that is part of the old NYC system. To my west is Chicago and NS has about four smaller yards there. Two are intermodal facilities and two I believe are interchange yards with the Indianna Harbor Belt and the other with either Belt Railway of Chicago or the Elgin, Joliet & Eastern. Since they have a double track mainline that runs from Chicago through South Bend to the yard in Elkhart then south towards Cincinnati or east into Ohio I would like try making a scenario based on it. I would also like to try making one based on the city of Chicago and their CTA and Metra system.
http://metrarail.com/System_map/index.html
http://www.yourcta.com/maps/rail/Rail.html

These links are to Metra's & CTA's system maps. While I know the first scenario would be the easier of the two I don't know enough about the editor to make it as realistic as possible. If I have missed a topic that addresses this in some or a lot of detail can someone point me in the right direction? I tried the search function, but if the topic exists I missed it somewhere.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”