Adjust land & Tunnels Help

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

cellular
Engineer
Engineer

Adjust land & Tunnels Help

Post by cellular »

Waiting my Locomotion copy im experiencing the demo and i have some problems trying to build tunnels:

1. There is a way to better control the command lowering and raising land? Very often i cant understand how many squares im lowering or raising the terrain (spending a lot of money) or the squres are not perfectly lowered or raised

2. Building tunnel very often (especially in complex mountain but not only) when im building the tracks under it, i get a message saying that i cant build it without lowering or raising the land. Over all after this i loose the undergroaund view and im not more able to get it backto understand what i have to do.

Your help will be very appreciate and please forgive my english

Thanks in advance
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

2.) click your 1 button, it will switch to underground view.

now you can do 2 things, right click on the end of the track, and start building again, and raising (or lowering) the land so the train fits under (above) it.
or you can go to underground view ( button 1) and press button t, this will bring up the track building menu, then select the directtion you have to go to, and aim for the end of the track undeground, and continue again :)

hopes this helpds.

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

When lowering and rasing ground with the single square tool, hover your mouse over the square and make sure the entire space is highlighted. If only the corner is highlighted, then only the corner will be lowered/raised.
Using 2x2, 3x3 etc, will only raise whole squares.
SupSuper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SupSuper »

A tunnel must be at least 2 "squares" high or you'll get an error message. That means, using the adjust land tool to raise a square twice above the track level should give it the right height.
Also, tunnel entrances/exits have to be straight and can no longer be in slopes like in TT.
Water train!
EEW
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EEW »

Raising and lowering land does seem awkward, and my first attempts at tunnels were pathetic. The trick to learning how to do them--for me at least--was going into the scenario editor and practicing A LOT before trying it in a real game where I have to pay for my mistakes!
cellular
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cellular »

Thanks a lot for your helps. It was very usefull :D

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”