a noobie question, plz help...

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

minjo82
Engineer
Engineer

a noobie question, plz help...

Post by minjo82 »

i'm new to the forum, and am learnin a lot just from browsin the forum

anyway this is prob a real newbie question but i couldn't find the info i was looking for so i'm askin u guys for some clarification.

is it possible for trucks to unload cargo in stations so that trains can transport the cargo to another station? if yes, where do you have to build the cargo loading bay? i tried everything from building the bay at the end of the rail track, next to the station, etc etc,

i also tried using the station as part of the trucks route but that didn't work either. the truck just kept carrying around the cargo it loaded from the bay at the factory.

someone plz help me~
teeone
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by teeone »

Posted in teh wrong forum :)

I don't think there is a feeder service....however, you need to build a truck cargo station at the end of the road either right next to the station or 1 or 2 squares away

ahh im tired right now too hard to think :P
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Moved to the beginner's forum. (Bet you didn't know i could do that!, i only just found out)

When placing the truck station on the end of a road next to the train station, make sure in the building window it says the right station name, rather than "New Station". When it is connected, give the trucks an Unload order, to ensure they drop the stuff on the station.
fsdave
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by fsdave »

You can make a feeder service with cargo. I had a ship deliver oil to a dock, and have a train pull it to the factory.

You just have the trucks coming from the industry to a 'truck stop' built next to the train station, and tell them to unload it.
Severn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: a noobie question, plz help...

Post by Severn »

minjo82 wrote:i also tried using the station as part of the trucks route but that didn't work either. the truck just kept carrying around the cargo it loaded from the bay at the factory.
Ahh, by default, any vehicle will only unload if there is a demand at the place for that item. So you need to specifically tell the truck to unload the cargo at the train/truck depot. Click and hold down the pile of crates with the minus sign next to it in the route orders window.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”