help with long station patch

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

norfolksouthern16
Engineer
Engineer

help with long station patch

Post by norfolksouthern16 »

When I try to use the long station patch, after some time I get an Access Violation.

also one question. Is Chris Sawyer's Locomotion really alive anymore?
Nathan K5HL Hornsound - viewtopic.php?t=89919
Nathan K5LA Hornsoound - viewtopic.php?t=89925
Nathan P5 Hornsound viewtopic.php?t=91318
Leslie RS3L Hornsound - viewtopic.php?t=89940
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: help with long station patch

Post by Zakos »

I assume you're playing on the original release, or the steam version which is based on it. LSP only works with the 1.76 patch or whatever it's called.

And it's kind of dead. We still play, but most of the big modders don't interact with the community anymore. There's a new batch of people working on little batches though, and Walter still lurks.
norfolksouthern16
Engineer
Engineer

I'm using the 1.76 patch with no CD, and I got it from Atari instead of Steam
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Does it work otherwise, with just occasional crashes?
norfolksouthern16
Engineer
Engineer

Yes
norfolksouthern16
Engineer
Engineer

do you know a fix to the problem?
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

I wouldnt worry I get crashes, game play with sound but freezing and also access violations after saves, I ignore them and continue onwards.

I am left wondering if it is the size of the Objdata folder and also the fact that so many files are mix and match on sounds etc?
Blaxlandridge3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Blaxlandridge3 »

"Is the game dead?"

yes. yes it is. The big modders are gone, and the community went with it. This game still has so much potential, but it seems people don't realize it anymore. Once I can get my hands on a windows computer, I'm going to try making some mods.
Mac OS sucks.

......If Locomotion can't work on it......

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87176 : Let's Play Together! US Midwest!

Subscribe to meh YouTube --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFaVMm ... JfXVMrYd2A?
norfolksouthern16
Engineer
Engineer

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote: 09 Sep 2020 14:07 I wouldnt worry I get crashes, game play with sound but freezing and also access violations after saves, I ignore them and continue onwards.

I am left wondering if it is the size of the Objdata folder and also the fact that so many files are mix and match on sounds etc?
what do I need to do to fix this, or do I have to play without the Long Station Patch.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

norfolksouthern16 wrote: 09 Sep 2020 18:41
uktrackbuilder_loco wrote: 09 Sep 2020 14:07 I wouldnt worry I get crashes, game play with sound but freezing and also access violations after saves, I ignore them and continue onwards.

what do I need to do to fix this, or do I have to play without the Long Station Patch.

I had those issues before I installed the long station patch and afterwards.

I suspect that it is a combination of factors relating to the game's age as with Windows 10 you have to backset comptatibility to XP service patch 2, the games graphics settings ( yes I have tried the game resolution changer and it was not to my taste), the sound files and their fomat, the sheer size of the Objdata folders and of course the fact that the trackstat dat gets messed about with so much you can actually have games in the saved games folder that have differing settings.

So my advice is just play on and save in game regularly so if it does bork you don't lose much game play, that is what I do.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

For those having problems with the Long Station Patch (LSP), follow this link:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=50627

In my experience, the use of airports will cause an Access Violation when using the LSP, unless a fix has been found. Follow the instructions to the letter as shown in the link, you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Director

Greyfox wrote: 12 Sep 2020 11:29 For those having problems with the Long Station Patch (LSP), follow this link:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=50627

In my experience, the use of airports will cause an Access Violation when using the LSP, unless a fix has been found. Follow the instructions to the letter as shown in the link, you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.
I never use airports and have had access violations before and after I installed the long station patch, my feelings are it is linked to the age of the game in relation to what windows is now compared to what windows was then
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

I am running Windows 10 Home edition, with the latest updates, and don't have any problems with the LSP.
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Director

Greyfox wrote: 12 Sep 2020 11:43 I am running Windows 10 Home edition, with the latest updates, and don't have any problems with the LSP.
Windows 10 Professional and I have had this ongoing issues for several years. I've changed cd's and used a different one, reloaded and reset as well and it doesn't bother me but the fact is that saying that a topic fix is suitable depends upon the system of the user and also what they are using, no fix is guaranteed to be 100% successful especially as one of the guiding factors is not even applicable to me.
I dropped using planes about a decade ago and I have written them out of every scenario I have used since then.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Obviously, the age of the game has nothing to do with the "Access Violation" problem. My Lomo is from the original disks and installed on Win 10 Home edition, (as stated before). I suggest that those with this problem need to overhaul their Lomo installation and start again....in other words, reinstall. (assuming of course that a legal copy of Lomo is used. Any pirated copies of Lomo are frowned upon here and have been known to cause various problems). See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=71186

There's one thing I forgot to mention before....the use of Autopause. A very handy tool to use with the LSP. (It avoids the repeated mouse clicks, especially building long rail lines, and roads) Do a search, and follow any prompts during installation....and the use thereof. I still use both the LSP and Autopause with no problems.
Director

Greyfox wrote: 14 Sep 2020 07:53 Obviously, the age of the game has nothing to do with the "Access Violation" problem. My Lomo is from the original disks and installed on Win 10 Home edition, (as stated before). I suggest that those with this problem need to overhaul their Lomo installation and start again....in other words, reinstall. (assuming of course that a legal copy of Lomo is used. Any pirated copies of Lomo are frowned upon here and have been known to cause various problems). See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=71186

There's one thing I forgot to mention before....the use of Autopause. A very handy tool to use with the LSP. (It avoids the repeated mouse clicks, especially building long rail lines, and roads) Do a search, and follow any prompts during installation....and the use thereof. I still use both the LSP and Autopause with no problems.
My disks are original and I have re installed it on every hard drive that has been used, the only thing that has been copies is the objdata folders which were backed up to pendrives and I still have an original copy of the objdata folder for whan I used to do maps and scenario's.

As I said the solutions you are proposing don't work for me and people who think a one size fits all approach in that THEIR solution works best are one of the reasons this sim is dead on it's feet.

Anyway I am leaving because like for a lot of people the world moves on and I going to abandon a game that is now 16 years old, so syonara dude I hope you get over your god modding complex.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

I didn"t realise you were so sensitive. I never said that "my" solution works best, it just works for me. Anyhow, everyone to their own, and good luck on your future endeavours.

Cheers.
Engineer

Post by locomotor79 »

i whas wondering iff some1 could make it for steam and gog version since the cd version doesnt work on steam and gog version
and also steam and GOG version dont need CD to run it ether
and i am unable to find my own CD WITH!!!!! cd-key old original version
and i use w10 home edition
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Online releases have been out for several years and no one has made it yet. I wouldn't hold your breath. OpenLoco might add something like it though, at least eventually.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”