Bug with company money suddenly going negative

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

The-Navigators
Engineer
Engineer

Bug with company money suddenly going negative

Post by The-Navigators »

So, I have a problem that doesn't appear to have been discussed previously.

So, randomly on some maps, my company's money just goes negative. And not just the amount I had becomes negative, but it also more than doubles quantity.

In example, in a made up situation. The money just goes from $ 21,030,218 to -$7,281,828,281 in an instant.
And trying to dig out of the hole using the Locomotion Trainer's give money function is largely ineffective because as your trying to get out of the hole it eventually occurs and puts you back about the same point in the hole. Then you end up going bankrupt like normally happens.

I'm not exactly sure how it's triggered.

In a related question, does anyone know if it's possible to edit save files to edit the money, the 'Loco Mod Version 2'
Anyone who stands in the way of change, is out. ~ The Navigators (2001, UK)
The-Navigators
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Bug with company money suddenly going negative

Post by The-Navigators »

Okay, so I figured out a work around for when it happens to your save game. If you use the Locomotion trainer with absurd quantities of money (like 999,999,999) to get it down to a number that can be typed into the trainer. (Under 999,999,999) Then you can use the trainer to get it to a point where you can simply take out a loan to get positive cash flow, and continue as if nothing happened.

I recommend pausing the game during this process since none of it un-pauses the game.

In step form
1. Set trainer to 999,999,999 money in pounds.
2. Load affected save file.
3. Use Money Cheat in trainer to get the amount below the 999,999,999 mark.
4. Take note of the exact amount you are negative, (Let's say it's 502,222,189).
5. Save, then exit game.
6. Enter an amount just under the negative amount into the trainer. (So, 502,22,170).
7. Reopen the new save.
8. Use the money cheat once.
9. Take out a loan for the remaining amount, putting you into the black/positive money.
10. Continue normally from there.
Anyone who stands in the way of change, is out. ~ The Navigators (2001, UK)

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”