Does Multiplayer Even Work Anymore? (Steam Version)

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Paper
Engineer
Engineer

Does Multiplayer Even Work Anymore? (Steam Version)

Post by Paper »

So I decided to buy two copies of Locomotion on Steam, one for myself, and another for a friend. Neither of us have installed the CD version before on the computers we currently use.

I wanted to see if I could host multiplayer, to which simply giving my friend my IP didn't work. I looked up at least 3 or 4 different methods of trying to fix this. I port forwarded several ports, I tried to use GameRanger, heck, I even tried to get the dreaded Hamachi working, all to no avail.

I've no idea if any of these options even work for what I'm trying to do, and I'm not sure if I even did my original methods of getting it working correctly, as there seem to be practically no resources or guides that exist, let alone that are up to date, that involve this.

As for technical details, I'm not the most "computer literate." All I can say is that I'm on Windows 10, with the Steam version of the game, and I have a static IP address. I've successfully port forwarded other games before (with guides, of course), but I just don't know what in the world to do. Anybody know? Can I even do this anymore? Will it blend?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows something.
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Does Multiplayer Even Work Anymore? (Steam Version)

Post by BW89 »

You could try Hamachi and play over a virtual LAN
Paper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paper »

BW89 wrote:You could try Hamachi and play over a virtual LAN
Paper wrote:heck, I even tried to get the dreaded Hamachi working, all to no avail.
Both my friend and I got Hamachi and I created a network, but no matter what I gave him (the ID, the name, etc), he couldn't connect. How do I properly get people to connect?
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

Have you disabled IPV6 in the Hamachi Connector and set the standard Gateway in IPV4 to 25.0.0.1 and the standard Matrix to 9000?
Paper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paper »

BW89 wrote:Have you disabled IPV6 in the Hamachi Connector and set the standard Gateway in IPV4 to 25.0.0.1 and the standard Matrix to 9000?
I had no idea that any of those requirements existed, or how to change them.

I did however locate these two windows in the properties for my Hamachi connection through the Network and Sharing Center:

I unchecked the box for the IPV6 and I'd assume I'd want to check "Use the following IP address" for the gateway instead of "Obtain an IP address automatically."
From there however, I don't know where to continue, if I'm even on the right track.

What would I put for the IP address? Would I just take information from what ipconfig tells me?
What about the subnet mask?
The DNS servers?
And finally, where would I find the standard matrix?
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

In Advanced you should change the Standard gateway to 25.0.0.1 and check aut the box in the bottom and set the Metrik to 9000
I have a german Windows so i don't know the Names in the english version.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Thanks for this, I've been trying to get Hamachi to work for ages.
Blaxlandridge3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Blaxlandridge3 »

Anybody know how to get to that screen on mac? I tried preferences, but I don't see a similar screen. I'm assuming modifying those settings as shown is essential to getting multiplayer to work properly.

I am going to try it with my friend tommorrow. I will let you all know how it goes, and if it works, and/or what problems I face, if there are any, which hopefully there won't be! :roll:

EDIT: Using Crossover to use the Windows version of Hamachi, I still don't know how to find that screen. I've tried looking in networking and all the tabs in the app, but can't find it. What am I doing wrong?
Mac OS sucks.

......If Locomotion can't work on it......

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87176 : Let's Play Together! US Midwest!

Subscribe to meh YouTube --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFaVMm ... JfXVMrYd2A?

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”